Department of Transport
The Department of Transport brings together all transport modes to design, plan, build and operate Victoria's transport system. Our job is to further integrate the transport network and improve the delivery of services to Victorians for simpler, quicker and safer journeys that connect people and places and support Victoria's prosperity and liveability.We’re focused on outcomes that deliver more choice, connections and confidence in our travel, ensuring the whole transport network works as one to deliver better services and outcomes.
State Agency Commander
- Annual Salary Range: $124,033 - $ 165,983+ Super (as per VPS Enterprise Agreement 2021)
- Tenure: Fixed Term [12 Months]
- Employment Type:
Full Time (flexibility may be available)
- Usual Work Location: Melbourne CBD (flexibility may be available)
About the Opportunity
The State Agency Commander leads DoT agency responsibilities at a strategic level, which includes having a clear understanding of situational awareness and the provision of timely information and advice on Department of Transport's readiness, capability, operational activity and impacts on their services.
As our ideal candidate, you will have the following:
- Technical knowledge and experience of arrangements and mechanisms for effecting responses to emergencies and incidents.
- Conceptual and analytical ability: Uses analytical and conceptual skills to reason through problems; Has creative ideas and can project how these can link to innovations.
- Influence and Negotiation and Stakeholder Management: Implements complex strategies to build buy in and support from key internal clients and external stakeholders
- People Management: Aligns team with the organisational values and goals through effective people management and modelling;
- Communication skills: Substantial demonstrated ability to provide written and verbal advice to senior levels of Government including Department of Transport executives and ministers on complex emergency management issues, frequently within extremely tight timelines.
- Planning and Organising: Sets clearly defined objectives and priorities and operates accordingly, reviewing and adjusting as required;
- Flexibility: Adaptable; Open to new ideas; Accepts changed priorities without undue discomfort; Recognises the merits of different options and acts accordingly.
- Project Management: Consults, liaises with and influences key stakeholders; Produces detailed project plans where objectives are clearly defined and action steps for achieving them are clearly specified;
- Tertiary qualification: In a relevant discipline including emergency management would be well regarded.
Impress this employer describing Your skills and abilities, fill out the form below and leave Your personal touch in the presentation letter.
As the Postdoctoral Research Associate you will work with Prof Alan Duffy as part of an Australian Research Council Discovery Project to explore the Annual Modulation in muon event rates at the Stawel [...]
Your role as Project Administrator will be pivotal in ensuring that our Project Managers can deliver on projects across the David Jones network with a specific focus on our Bourke St refurbishment pro [...]
- Ongoing professional development through the Lindt Retail Academy - Awarded Best Learning & Development Program 2019 - Leading Global premium chocolate manufacturer - CBD Location - Southbank [...]
Job no: 504162 Work type: Contract/Fixed Term Location: Melbourne - CBD & Surrounds Categories: Human resources Are you looking for your next challenge? The Australian Venue Co. family are [...]