NSW Department of Communities and Justice
Senior Project Officer, PMO
- Great career opportunity to join a new PMO team in the agency that supports NSW communities to recover from disasters
- Two ongoing full-time roles based at Haymarket but relocating to Sydney Olympic Park later this year
- Clerk Grade 9/10, $111,077 - $122,404pa plus employers’ contribution to superannuation
About the Agency
Resilience NSW is a new Executive Agency in the Premier and Cabinet cluster, established in May 2020, to transform the whole of government approach to disaster management in NSW. Resilience NSW leads and coordinates disaster prevention, management and recovery – learning from experience to drive strategies and investment to reduce risk, build resilience of NSW communities,
and give confidence to our communities to live, work and invest in NSW.
Resilience NSW keeps people and communities at the heart of everything it does. By leading a whole of government approach to disaster recovery and resilience, we ensure that people are cared for, acknowledged and empowered – so that all NSW communities are better prepared for and supported on their journey of recovery from any crisis or disaster event.
About the role
This is an exciting opportunity to coordinate the uptake and implementation of the Resilience NSW project management framework, methodologies, tools and standards and provide project management services across a range of complex program and project initiatives that support agency performance.
Key responsibilities of this role include (but are not limited to):
- Project manage the development and delivery of initiatives that focus on enhancing project management capability and capacity to successfully deliver key outcomes.
- Collaborate with agency colleagues to create dashboards and tools that enable the consistent and effective management and reporting of project initiatives and outcomes to provide a ‘one source of truth’ information framework.
- Monitor and evaluate project implementation including assessing project progress and effectiveness and provide advice and information to stakeholders and decision makers on current and emerging project issues and mitigations in line with established plans, budgets, timeframes, and competing priorities.
- Lead and participate in quantitative and qualitative research to identify emerging issues, develop evidence-based options and solutions and mitigate risk in program and project management.
- Build and maintain stakeholder relationships to facilitate their engagement in, and contribution to, the identification and development of post implementation reviews, project evaluations and lessons learned to inform strategic decision making.
You’ll be excited about joining a new team and will bring strong project and stakeholder management capability and an energy that will help shape a new agency. The successful applicant will also demonstrate;
- Tertiary qualifications and/or equivalent experience in a relevant field.
- Sound experience in project management in a multifaceted service delivery environment and a solid understanding of project methodologies, processes and procedures.
- An ability and willingness to travel within NSW and support other operational roles during disasters, emergencies and other events, consistent with skills, background and personal circumstances.
For more details about this role please to view the role description
Closing date: Monday 21st June 2021,11:59 pm
Please note that candidate contact will be through Hays, who are assisting Resilience NSW in this recruitment process.
Impress this employer describing Your skills and abilities, fill out the form below and leave Your personal touch in the presentation letter.
we are hiring for Full time (Weekends are a must (cant ask off on Friday -Sunday)) working time : 1PM - closing time 4PM - close tome (Partimer ONLY) day off : on weekdays ( ask during interview) [...]
The City of Parramatta is going through unprecedented change and transformation as it becomes Sydney’s Central City. The intensity of growth and investment in City of Parramatta means that Council, [...]
- Flexible working conditions - Permanent full time - 35 hour week - Parramatta location - close to public transport About the role An excellent opportunity has arisen for a capable and experi [...]
Expressions of Interest - APS 2, APS 3, APS 4, APS 5, APS 6, EL1 and EL2 temporary non-ongoing - $48,120 to $ 123,358 per annum - Darling Harbour About Australian National Maritime Museum [...]