Auto & General
Due to growth, we are seeking a Portfolio Monitoring Analyst to join our high performing Pricing Team. The purpose of this role will be to develop and automate monitoring suite. The Portfolio Monitoring Analyst will be required to generate business insights and provide recommendations for our insurance products. This position will be well suited to someone who is starting their career and wanting to further develop their skills, knowledge and experience in the insurance industry.
- Developing and automating a monitoring suite aimed at supporting Senior Management to effectively manage the relevant insurance portfolios;
- Identifying, reporting and analysing trends in the Domestic insurance portfolios,
including e.g. volume, premium and profitability related indicators;
- Generating actionable insights and provide recommendations to Senior Management on how to foster and support profitable growth;
- Building machine learning capabilities such as anomaly detection models into monitoring suite;
- Work closely with the product owners and the wider business to develop effective measures to address emerging trends;
- Analyse and segment transactional data from the proprietary underwriting system(s) and policy database (DISC);
- Drive continuous improvement of data quality, presentation, and insight generation within the Product, Underwriting & Pricing area, including embedding relevant metrics in regular reporting;
- Monitor and report on the progress of pricing and product changes;
- Perform other reasonable and relevant activities as requested from time to time to meet operational requirements.
Qualifications, Experience and Skills
- Previous experience within General Insurance is highly advantageous;
- Proven experience in data and portfolio analysis, including ability to: Access and manipulate data quickly and efficiently; Join multiple datasets; Work with both structured and unstructured datasets;
- Ability to utilise machine learning techniques to enhance monitoring processes and generation of insights;
- A superior problem-solving ability and attention to detail and accuracy;
- Ability to communicate effectively across all levels of the organisation;
- Superior numerical and analytical skills;
- A “can do”, team focused attitude with the ability to work autonomously while maintaining focus;
- Previous knowledge of PowerBI , SAS, R and/or Python and MS Office suite;
- Prior experience on Google Cloud Platform and IBM Cognos TM1 is advantageous although not essential;
Tertiary qualification in actuarial science, data science, mathematics, statistics or related discipline – post-graduate degree would be highly regarded. Fresh / recent graduates are encouraged to apply.
Who are Auto & General:
Auto & General is the Australian arm of a private global group with 8,000 employees across 31 offices and over 8.9 million customers worldwide.
In Australia, Auto & General launched in 2000 and has grown to provide industry-leading motor, home and travel insurance products both directly through Budget Direct and via industry leading partnerships. With an Australian team of 1400+ we are now looking for talented individuals who can help drive our ambitious growth plans.
- Toowong - City fringe location
- Enjoy additional leave days - ‘ME’ leave and ‘Volunteer Day’ leave;
- Join our vibrant social and community activities including annual celebration, family fun days and regular events across each of our sites;
- Study support (up to 50% of tuition fees for relevant courses) and professional membership reimbursement;
- Employee discounts on Car, Home, Travel insurance, Roadside Assistance;
- Income protection insurance provided to support you in the event of non-work related illness or injury;
- Discounts with a broad range of providers, including gym memberships, accommodation, dental care and more.
Impress this employer describing Your skills and abilities, fill out the form below and leave Your personal touch in the presentation letter.
247FS is a cleaning company that provides a wide array of residential and commercial quality cleaning services in Queensland round the clock. This is an opportunity to work in a diverse range of clea [...]
Permanent Full Time Bring your administrative skills to Tropical North Queensland. Flexible work opportunities and industry discounts available! An opportunity currently exists for a Business Su [...]
With offices in Victoria, New South Wales, Queensland and Western Australia, Cornerstone HR is a rapidly expanding recruitment solution provider across a range of industry sectors. We currently hav [...]
The Procurement Officer (Click to Buy) delivers high quality, client focused customer service to clients within QUT on all aspects of Click to Buy. The position will be responsible for pr [...]