Careers / Current opportunities
Process Control Data Analyst
Apply Now Submit your application online Already applied? Login to check your application status Login Location Cadia Valley Operations Applications close 16 Jun
Experience a connection with us
Our vision is to be miner of choice for our people, shareholders, host communities, partners and suppliers. With a commitment to our people, safety and sustainability, embracing technology and innovation, we are securing our future success together. We build and maintain close relationships with our local communities, ensuring our work creates a positive social impact.
Operations near and far
Our Cadia site is located in Central West New South Wales,
approximately 25 kms outside the vibrant regional town of Orange and three hours’ drive from Sydney. Employees reside in the varied accommodation options in Orange, with the surrounding winery and national park areas to enjoy. Have access to the area’s wide range of amenities, including a prominent health sector, excellent educational and sporting facilities, shopping, transport and other services such as childcare.
Who are we looking for:
We are seeking a driven and organised Process Control Data Analyst to gather, investigate and visually represent Cadia’s Process Control data illustrating actionable insights across the process value chain.
Reporting to the Senior Process Engineer, this first of a kind opportunity will see you gather, filter, organise and translate operational process data into user friendly reports, dashboards and models for various stakeholders. Additionally, you will be responsible for the visual development of Cadia’s process control exploratory data when used to showcase process control instability, variability and optimisation opportunities across the full value chain.
Other key deliverables include:
- Develop and maintain data analytics health monitoring such as data historian, servers, and all interconnecting IoT infrastructure unique to the Process Control & Analytics domain
- Build data analytics solutions, reports and / or dashboards for Process Control & Analytics and Process Control stakeholders
- Seek continuous improvement through analysis of process control performance and identification of production uplift projects to be executed within the Process Control & Analytics domain
- Continuous upskilling of knowledge on the latest data analysis techniques and technologies
- Regular audit the process control data environment for safety and material risk issues
As the ideal candidate, you will possess domain knowledge either in Mining, Oil & Gas or Heavy Industry. Through previous experience in a similar role, you will have mastered the ability to acquire and present data from primary or secondary data sources, analyse results using mathematical techniques, and finally identify patterns and trends in data sets. Leveraging your passion for mathematics and statistics, you will enjoy data mining and structuring raw data sources enhancing organisation’s capabilities to best use its data to drive improvement.
In addition, you will also have:
- Bachelor/Masters in Analytics, Engineering, Mathematics or equivalent essential
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint, SQL, PowerBI, core analytics packages and data visualisation
- Awareness of machine learning practices
- Utilisation of process control data historians such as Pi-AF
- Excellent communication and presentation skills and ability to work with team members and stakeholders at all levels
Please note: This is a Fixed-Term opportunity until September , based in Orange, NSW and/or for the right candidate options for working from a home office with periodic site visits, on a 5/2 roster (Mon – Fri). Willingness and ability to travel on a periodic basis to regional cities and/or mine sites is essential.
Our commitment to you
Keeping our people safe and healthy is our most important asset. Our commitment to safety, health and well-being is supported by systems and standards that embed our safety culture.
Newcrest is also committed to building a diverse workforce. Our strategic focus is on gender diversity and diversity to reflect the communities in which we operate. Creating an inclusive culture will enable us to leverage the richness of cultures across our workforce and the capability of our diverse employees to get better business outcomes.
Cadia Valley Operations is now a smoke free work environment, since 1 January .
If you are seeking a new career challenge, where you can transfer your existing skills, into a innovative and high performing environment, we’d love to hear from you!
At this stage, we are not accepting any external agency CVs for these opportunities.
Impress this employer describing Your skills and abilities, fill out the form below and leave Your personal touch in the presentation letter.
- Provide reception support to the Dental and Oral Health Clinic - Coordinate and schedule patient appointments - Work within a diverse team consisting of oral health clinicians, teaching staff an [...]
- Permanent part-time and casual opportunities working across our accommodation houses and Active Participation programs in Orange, Bathurst and Blayney. - $28.41 per hour part time plus applicable [...]
Grade: 2 Weekly Hours: 38 Weekly Salary: $974.74 (plus allowances and superannuation) Fortnightly Rostered Day Off About Orange City Council Orange City Council is committed to making a posi [...]
- APS6 - Newcastle, NSW - $88,114 - $96,895 The Workforce and Engagement Division (‘Division’) is responsible for frontline stakeholder engagement across all levels of government and industr [...]