Hunter Valley Training Company Pty Ltd.
Job Type: Traineeship
- Desire to enter the Mining Sector?
- July 2021 Commencement
- Located in the Lake Macquarie area
Who you’ll be working with…
HVTC Hunter is an expert in the employment and training of apprentices. We believe skills change lives and that apprenticeships and traineeships can open doors to incredible careers. This is why we partner with businesses to match the right person with the right career.
During your traineeship, you’ll be employed by us, while completing on-the-job training with our Host Employer, Centennial. We’ll provide you with ongoing mentoring and support to help you achieve your career goals and unleash your true potential.
Centennial is one of the largest underground coal producers in NSW and are offering an exciting opportunity to join their team across sites around the Newcastle and Lake Macquarie region. In 2019, Centennial was also named HVTCs Large Host Employer of the Year for our ongoing commitment to training and development of our people and we would love for you to join our high achieving teams.
With access to hands-on training, a supportive environment and ongoing mentoring, you will gain invaluable experience within the mining industry. Your role will expose you to various industry related tasks, whilst gaining a nationally recognised qualification.
So what are you waiting for?
What’s in it for me?
Being a HVTC trainee opens the door to working for industry leaders via our key connections with major local employers.
Being a HVTC trainee means you have ongoing job security! Our network of Host Employers means we can offer rotations to ensure you can fulfil your education and training requirements; Become qualified without getting yourself into debt and actually earning an income!
Throughout your traineeship, you will be able to take advantage of our exclusive employee benefits, which include:
- One-on-one coaching and development from a dedicated mentor
- Individual and group safety training with our team of experts
- Discounted health insurance
- Discounted gym memberships
- Alumni program to support you post qualification
- Reward and recognition programs
- CommBank Workplace Banking Program to give you financial advice (and retail discounts!)
- Health and Wellbeing initiatives, campaigns, and competitions through HVTC’s Committee (there might even be some prizes up for grabs!).
- 24/7 confidential counselling through our Employee Assistance Program (EAP) provider
What you’ll be doing with Centennial…
You will complete a through a combination of formal training with a Registered Training Organisation (RTO) and practical on-the-job experience with the Host Employer.
Throughout your formal training and practical experience in the workplace, you will have the opportunity to:
- Gain experience in production and outbye duties
- Operate vehicles and equipment
- Install belts and drive heads
- Participate in stone dusting, pumping, and machinery servicing
- Plan and organise consumables to go underground
- Assist the deputy in identifying deficient items and systems
- Participate in safety and skills training
- Complete statutory reports and mining documentation
- Carry out other duties that are within the limits of trainee skills, competence and ability as required
What you’ll bring to the table…
To be successful in this role, you’ll need to meet the following selection criteria:
- A genuine interest in the mining industry
- Commitment to the full term of the traineeship
- Good manual handling techniques and safety focus
- Ability to work as part of a team
- Commitment to both on and off the job training
- A current driver licence and reliable transport
- Those with a trade background are encouraged to apply
What to do next
Impress this employer describing Your skills and abilities, fill out the form below and leave Your personal touch in the presentation letter.
URGENT FIFO LOCUM REQUIRED FOR IMMEDIATE START - Critical vacancy Practice Profile: We are small practice with a well-supported nurse three days a week on Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday. Pati [...]
Position: Head of HSIE St Philip's Christian College Cessnock with one kilometre of frontage on Wine Country Drive Nulkaba is situated in the heart of the Hunter. The College occupies the northern en [...]
- Make the switch to an industry leading employment services provider - Permanent, Full-time opportunity available in Macarthur & Illawarra region - Comprehensive employee benefits, including Sala [...]
Territory Manager - Competitive salary + 11.5% super + bonus + car allowance - Flexible Work & Birthday leave! - Growth & Development opportunity - Join a company with a purpose Who you are: You ar [...]