The Deakin Business School (DBS) is in the top 1% of business schools globally holding both AACSB and EQUIS accreditations. Our mission is to prepare graduates for careers of the future. We harness emerging technologies to facilitate innovative, borderless, and personalised education and by conducting research that informs our practice and impacts the communities we serve.
The Deakin finance discipline is ranked top 101-150 in 2021 ARWU subject ranking and rated “above world standard” in the 2018 round of Excellence in Research Australia. Staff in the Department are committed to attaining high standards in both research and teaching. Finance faculty regularly publish in journals such as Journal of Finance,
Journal of Financial Economics, Journal of Financial and Quantitative Analysis, Review of Finance, Management Science and Journal of Urban Economics. The Department has a number of research specialisations, including asset pricing, banking, corporate finance, corporate governance, market microstructures and real estate.
We now have a rare opportunity for two senior finance academics to join the Department. The successful candidate will lead and contribute to the Department’s teaching and research programs, undertake high-quality research and publish in leading finance journals.
These are full-time, academic level E Professor vacancies with full tenure to be based at our Melbourne Burwood campus. An attractive salary package is on offer inclusive of 17% superannuation and will be commensurate with experience, qualifications and research track record.
Appropriate relocation and/or immigration support will be offered to interstate/international candidates (subject to border rules and restrictions).
Your key responsibilities will include:
- Provide leadership which enhances the achievement of the Department’s strategic plan in research, teaching and external engagement
- Teach programs offered by the Department at both the undergraduate and postgraduate levels and supervise master and PhD candidates
- Publish high-quality research in journals of national and international standing and contribute to the Department’s research agenda and strong performance in Excellence in Research for Australia (ERA)
- Participate in competitive external research funding activities and generate research income through applications to major funding bodies
- Partake in activities which enhance the profile and reputation of the discipline
- Develop and maintain relationships with relevant research, community, industry, government and professional partners to establish collaborations and industry partnerships
To be successful, you’ll have:
- A PhD in an area of relevance to Finance
- Experience in teaching relevant units/courses at the undergraduate and postgraduate levels and in supervising master and PhD students
- A significant internationally renowned research profile including publications in high quality journals
- Evidence of success in obtaining competitive research funding
- Existing relationships and an ability to further enhance engagement with external bodies to enhance the national and international standing of the discipline
Impress this employer describing Your skills and abilities, fill out the form below and leave Your personal touch in the presentation letter.
3 X Access Officers Required, Geelong Based Position, Temporary Role with Full Time Hours Your new company Hays Geelong are the preferred supplier choice to Federal, State and Local Government [...]
Employment Status Temporary Full Time Program Surgical & Critical Care Location All Sites Hours Per Fortnight 86 Position Summary Barwon Doctors - Provide best care, every per [...]
Date: 04-Jun-2021 Location: GEELONG, VIC, AU Company: Goodstart Early Learning Role: Educator Location: Geelong Centre: Goodstart Centres – Geelong Employment Type: Full-time [...]
Date: 25-May-2021 Location: WAURN PONDS, GEELONG, VIC, AU, 3216 Company: Goodstart Early Learning Teacher – Goodstart Waurn Ponds Goodstart is Australia’s largest early learning pr [...]