An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Senior Consultant to join the Workplace relations team within our Human Resources Division at Deakin. As a successful candidate, you will be responsible for providing high-level and specialist advice on strategic and operational workplace relations matters, as well as supervising, mentoring and providing operational guidance to alteast one other Workplace Relations Consultant.
The scope of the role requires providing advice to Faculties and Portfolios on a broad range of staff and management-related HR activity including performance management, inappropriate behaviour or conduct, local workplace conflict, grievances, bullying, disputes, probation, organisational change and restructuring,
termination, industrial relations and workplace policies and procedures.
Your key responsibilities will include, and not limited to:
- Provide strategic and operational workplace relations advice, coaching and support in order to resolve complex case management matters and workplace disputes, grievances and escalated complaints within University Faculties and Portfolios.
- Lead, participate in and contribute to a range of Workplace Relations and HRD projects applying specialist workplace relations knowledge for University wide benefit.
- Support the design and delivery of industrial and workplace relations solutions to support the University deliver major workplace change initiatives.
- Supervise, manage and mentor at least one Workplace Relations Consultant, including as an escalation point for the resolution of workplace relations matters and operational guidance within their supported client areas.
- Ensure the implementation of all University policies (for self and direct reports) that relate to the areas for which the position is responsible, in particular, those relating to equal opportunity, occupational health and safety, risk management, staff development and staff performance planning and review.
- Contribute to Divisional initiatives from a leadership perspective in addition to managing and supporting at least one Workplace Relations Consultant.
- This role has staffing responsibilities and must therefore ensure staff and own adherence to University policies and procedures, including but not limited to those relating to equal opportunity, occupational health and safety, risk and financial management, privacy, staff development and staff performance planning and review.
To be successful, you’ll have:
- Postgraduate qualifications in HR Management or Industrial Relations or a relevant field together with substantial relevant experience, or an equivalent combination of relevant experience and/or education/training.
- Demonstrated experience in providing high-level strategic advice, coaching and guidance to senior managers on matters of employment law, workplace relations, case management and other related HR issues.
- Prior experience or commensurate experience in managing, supervising and mentoring staff, including responsibility for the work of others.
- Substantial experience in developing and implementing HR policies and procedures within a complex organisation.
- Sound knowledge and understanding of contemporary HR management practices, with a particular emphasis on performance management, workplace relations and complex employment matters.
- Highly developed interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills together with proven negotiation skills, and the ability to maintain strong relationships with colleagues and organisational staff and management at all levels.
- Extensive knowledge and demonstrated ability in analysis, prioritisation, management and resolution of complex staff case issues providing innovative (where appropriate) and practical solutions on a timely basis, keeping clients relevantly informed of progress of matters.
- High-level reporting, research and presentation skills.
Impress this employer describing Your skills and abilities, fill out the form below and leave Your personal touch in the presentation letter.
About Us CGL – Retail Services is the retail marketing division of the Clemenger Group. With our two market-leading brands, Creative Activation and Clemenger Field Marketing, we offer unparalleled [...]
Job Description: About Xchanging Xchanging has been specialising in workers’ compensation claims management for over 16 years and we have an impressive track record of excellence in service deli [...]
Job no: 511455 Work type: Full-time Location: Flexible Categories: Information Technology - Blended working arrangements - 2 Years fixed-term contract This is a fantastic new role withi [...]
Job Description: About Xchanging Xchanging is an international company with a global footprint providing innovative business processing, technology and procurement services. We employ over 8,000 e [...]