Phone Planet (WA)
Phone Planet are one of the largest mobile phone, computer, and tech gear chain stores in Australia.
Expanding to 30 stores nationally, we provide a good working environment, development opportunities, and career growth.
We are looking for you to join our team as a Trainee Shop Assistant/Repair Technician.
Duties will be a mixture of sales and repair as listed:
- Serves customers by selling products and meeting customer needs.
- Services existing accounts, obtains orders, and establishes new accounts by planning and organizing daily work schedule.
- Focuses sales efforts by studying and maintaining existing and potential products knowledge.
- Submits orders by referring to price lists and product literature.
- Keeps management informed by submitting activity and results reports, such as daily call reports, weekly work plans, and monthly and annual territory analyses.
- Recommends changes in products, service, and policy by evaluating results and competitive developments.
- Resolves customer complaints by investigating problems, developing solutions, preparing reports, and making recommendations to management.
- Provides historical records by maintaining records on area and customer sales.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
- Maintains daily tasks and keeps the store tidy.
- Conducts the stock count based on requirements.
- Diagnose, troubleshoot and repair mobile devices;
- Quality control and testing of repaired devices to ensure full functionality. Resolve/manage customer inquiries;
- Able to interact positively with customers at the storefront and over the phone;
- Ability to multi-task between repairs and customer service;
- Other related duties as required;
- Maintain and use repair tools and equipment. Including software and in-store POS system to track repair tickets and inventory;
- Strategically plan the order of operations to ensure a successful repair;
- Provide estimates and quotes;
- Glass only replacement on Samsung and iPads;
- Microscopic Board work; component replacement Hand-solder SMT components,
- Remove and replace thru-hole comp without board damage,
- Solder wires and cables,
- Diagnosis, troubleshoot and repair mobile devices;
- Identify assembly and documents issues;
- Repair logic board issues from water damage.
There are a number of opportunities available at various locations throughout Perth including: Carousel, Booragoon, Karrinyup, Midland, Cockburn, Warnbro and Kwinana.
The stores are open Monday - Sunday, 9:00 - 21:00 (times may vary depending on the location and day), you would work on a roster basis during these hours.
In addition, you would be supported during your employment to obtain a Certificate III in Retail via a traineeship pathway.
If you wish to apply, please attach a resume and cover letter outlining why you would be the perfect candidate to join the team.
To be eligible for an apprenticeship or traineeship you must be an Australian Citizen, Permanent Resident or have full working rights.
Impress this employer describing Your skills and abilities, fill out the form below and leave Your personal touch in the presentation letter.
- Full time permanent + Competitive salary + Laptop & Mobile - Ongoing professional development + Extensive technical training + career growth - Based in Torrensville (Adelaide Metro West) with op [...]
An opportunity has arisen for an Administration Assistant in our Client’s busy boutique Real Estate Agency in Leederville. Our Client is looking for a “forward thinker” who would like to start t [...]
OneHarvest is Australia’s leading fresh produce supplier For three generations we have been supplying customers with fresh, healthy, ready to eat vegetable based products. We grow and produce a ran [...]
Immediate work available in Dianella, Meylands, Mt Lawley, Nedlands, Claremont, Scarborough, Karrinyup and surrounding suburbs. As Australia’s largest Agency for Domestic Cleaners we have housekeep [...]