Enel X ANZ have an opportunity for a VPP Operations Manager to join our team. Virtual Power Plants (VPP) are our core service offering, both in supporting the electricity grid and our customers. We currently operate in the National Electricity Market, the Wholesale Electricity Market for the South West Interconnected System in Western Australia, and the New Zealand Electricity Market. The complexity of our operating our VPPs is growing as our size grows, our service offerings diversify and we integrate resources from demand response, battery energy storage and other assets such as electric vehicle chargers.
This critical role requires expertise in energy markets, operations, personnel management and commercial acumen.
It sits at a central point in our organisation, interacting with almost every other function in the business and with energy market operators and our customers. This role manages a small team of incredibly high-quality, committed individuals who manage all aspects of our VPPs. We are looking for a sharp individual with commitment to our cause and a sense of urgency for what we are trying to achieve.
Main responsibilities include:
- Provide leadership on our energy markets work; offering deep understanding of market dynamics, taking action to improve our VPP performance based on these market dynamics, and advising the business on opportunities based on energy market trends.
- Manage our interactions with market operators, instituting continuous improvement to our tools and processes to improve efficiency and accuracy of our operations
- Ensure high-quality dispatching of our VPP in providing energy services; continuously improving standardisation, efficiency and customer experience
- Manage our portfolio of customers across each program in our VPPs, to ensure good commercial outcomes for our customers and a high-performing portfolio
- Manage program P&Ls; down to gross margin level, focusing on meeting and beating targets and working across functions to mitigate financial risks and take advantage of financial opportunities
- Support our regulatory affairs team with market expertise to help shape energy markets in ways that support good outcomes for the grid and end-consumers and growth prospects for Enel X
- Project manage launch of new programs within our VPPs to ensure successful market entry, galvanising staff across different functions, such as sales, regulatory affairs and product development
- Oversee a team of high-performing individuals to deliver on the above responsibilities and to foster their professional development.
- A relevant degree (, engineering, science) from a leading University
- 5-10 years of relevant experience in energy markets operations or related disciplines
- Demonstrated understanding of Australian and New Zealand energy markets, including pricing drivers and market dynamics
- Proven experience managing high-quality operations, instituting continuous improvement disciplines to improve performance
- Proficiency in data analytics, including P&L; management, quantitative business case analysis
- Proven experience working in a highly-matrixed, global organisation
- Exceptional written and oral communication skills, with a proven ability to present complex concepts
- A highly professional self-starter with an innate drive to win and a sense of urgency
- The ability to travel interstate or regionally as required, likely about once per quarter
:Energy Management and Trading
Impress this employer describing Your skills and abilities, fill out the form below and leave Your personal touch in the presentation letter.
Are you looking for work with immediate start we have Jobs Available for experienced all rounder painters now 1. You don't need your own car - but its an advantage 2. You need you own basi [...]
Great opportunity for Labourers with a WORKING AT HEIGHTS ticket to start IMMEDIATELY on projects located in Sydney CBD for ongoing works. If you are a reliable good worker you will go on to the next [...]
Great opportunity for 4 x Demolition / Remedial Labourers to start IMMEDIATELY on a project located in Sydney CBD with 6 months of work and if you are a reliable good worker you will go on to the next [...]
- Owner Drivers who have TRAY UTES with racks - Professional working environment - Generous Fuel Levy - FULL TIME WORK - Weekly Pays About Us The Kings Group are the market leaders in the [...]