DISABILITY SUPPORT WORKER
- Full Time Position
- Malvern East Location
- Generous Salary Packaging Options
- Excellent Development and Career Growth Opportunities
mecwacare seeking a skilled and qualified professional to join our Disability Services team. Our programs are focused on delivering small group programs to our clients so they can achieve their goals and aspirations. This is a 3-year contract with opportunity for extension.
What you bring:
- Sound and proven experience working with people with disabilities from diverse backgrounds.
- Experience working with people with behaviours of concern and developing strategies to gain best outcomes for all.
- An ability to write plans for programs and activities and work within budgets.
- Exceptional communication and interpersonal skills for networking with clients, families and the community sector.
- An understanding or desire to learn the principles of person-centered planning and experience in transforming plans into actions.
- Understanding of Disability Act 2006 and Quality Framework for Disability Services.
- Strong IT skills including Microsoft Office suite.
- Current First Aid level 2.
- Full Victorian Driver Licence.
What we offer:
- Training and Development opportunities.
- Salary Packaging and Meals Card – NFP benefits.
- Career Progression Opportunities.
- Board Scholarships and Employee Awards.
- Employee Assistance Program.
mecwacare is a leading not-for-profit organisation that has been supporting Victorians for more than 62 years. We are a values-based, care-driven organisation that provides residential, community and in-home nursing, care and support services for the elderly and people living with a disability. mecwacare supports more than 17,000 people each week across greater Melbourne and regional Victoria. We are a rapidly growing organisation with a diverse workforce of more than 2,000 employees and 500 volunteers, representing 89 nationalities and speaking 100 languages.
To apply : All successful applicants will need to have and /or undergo a successful Police Check and NDIS check.
For any enquiries: Contact Rebecca Spencer– Centre Manager, Fisher Street on 03 9572 9001
Applications Close : 5pm, Friday, 7 June 2021.
Impress this employer describing Your skills and abilities, fill out the form below and leave Your personal touch in the presentation letter.
About us Southern Star Care is locally owner NDIS service provider company.New but growing company .our services are all around Melbourne and its surroundings. Qualifications & experience Certific [...]
H1 Healthcare are a leading Disability ed Care recruitment agency, that provide service to many of primary community care organisationsp> We have partnered up with Confidential to assist their Con [...]
McArthur Community Care is a Registered NDIS Provider in Victoria. We specialise in delivering individualised and flexible supports through a holistic and person-centred approach to maintain independe [...]
About the Role Yooralla's Community Inclusion Service has great opportunities on offer for motivated individuals to support children and adults with disabilities to actively participate within their [...]