About the role
All progress begins with pioneers. At Rio Tinto, it begins with you.
We are looking for a Bauxite Plant Controller to support our Gove and Weipa mines in fixed plant operations to ensure safety, operational and production targets are met while working to achieve optimal performance with site personnel in a safe and stable manner.
This is a great opportunity to be an integral part of the Operating Centre team that has a strong safety, operational and problem solving focus. Working a 12.5hr day/night 4, 5, 5 roster in the Brisbane CBD.
Reporting to the Supervisor OC Mine and Plant Control within a diverse team, you will be:
- Able to prioritise operational activities based on the ‘Plan of the day’ and site conditions;
- Monitoring alarms and responding with due care and urgency;
- Managing the safe start-up, operation and shutdown of equipment and processes;
- Direct plant operators to coordinate activities and increase efficiency in a safe manner according to the Operational Level Agreement and assists in contingency planning in case of unplanned events;
- Interfacing with production, technical and maintenance teams to resolve equipment breakdowns, instrument & control system faults and process problems;
- Optimising the process performance to ensure the key performance indicators are met;
- Engaging with site and OC personnel to ensure relevant information is collated in a timely manner;
- Maintaining a high level of compliance to safety procedures;
- Communicates effectively with stakeholders along the value chain;
- Actively pursue improvement opportunities in productivity and safety.
What you will bring
- Proven experience in fixed plant control systems and their operation
- Exposure or sound knowledge of control rooms within fixed plant processing environment/heavy industry is desirable
- Live within 45 minutes commuting distance from Brisbane CBD (All candidates must undergo a fatigue management risk assessment plan which includes travel from home to work)
- A high level of computer literacy
- Experience is interpreting multiple data sets
- Strong communication skills
- Ability to work as a team
- Ability to influence
It will also be beneficial if you
- Proven qualifications in Process Control/Operations
- Electrical/Mechanical experience
What we offer
- A safety-focused and inclusive working environment
- A competitive salary package with annual cash incentive awards (STIP)
- Access to top tier family-friendly health and medical programs
- Excellent retirement plan
- A comprehensive leave policy that covers all moments that matter in life (vacation/annual, paid parental leave, short term sick leave, paid holidays)
- Ongoing individual wellbeing support for you and your family for personal and professional matters
- Generous Rio Tinto employee share program
About Rio Tinto
Every idea, every innovation, every little thing the world calls ‘progress’ begins with a first step, and someone willing to take it: explorers, inventors, entrepreneurs. Pioneers.
For nearly 150 years, Rio Tinto has been a company of pioneers – generations of people spanning the globe, all with the grit and vision to produce materials essential to human progress.
Our iron ore has shaped skylines from Shanghai to Sydney. Our aluminium – the world’s first to be certified “responsible” – helps planes fly and makes cars lighter. Our copper helps wind turbines power cities and our boron helps feed the world, and explore the universe.
Our diamonds help us celebrate the best parts of life.
Where you will be working
The Operations Centre is a newly created area of our Pacific Operations Integrated Operations that will play a pivotal role in the future success of our Pacific aluminium business. The team is responsible for driving the optimisation of the overall supply chain value using state-of-the-art monitoring processes and data driven decision making.
Every Voice Matters
At Rio Tinto, we particularly welcome and encourage applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, women, the LGBTI+ community, mature workers, people with disabilities and people from different cultural backgrounds.
Impress this employer describing Your skills and abilities, fill out the form below and leave Your personal touch in the presentation letter.
Title: Logistics Support The Logistics Support position sits within the client's Logistics Management Unit (LMU) located at RAAF Base Amberley and is responsible for: - Oversight of the aircra [...]
Saint Marys Catholic College is a Prep to Year 12 College offering families a co-educational pathway to life-long learning. The College has been proudly serving the families of the South Burnett regio [...]
- Great team! Work with the best in the business in a booming sector - Fantastic Opportunity with a great company - permanent and stable employment - Urgent Role ready to Interview Now - $60-80K + [...]
Job no: 578813 Work type: Maximum Term - Part Time Location: Brisbane Categories: Food & Beverage With over 50 years of experience, Alliance Catering is one of the most trusted names in Busi [...]