About the role
All progress begins with pioneers. At Rio Tinto, it begins with you.
We are looking for a Specialist to work in our Reserve Data Management team. This team is responsible for the generation and management of Rio Tinto Iron Ore’s 3-D mine planning models and the development of associated tools and technologies.
This role is a great opportunity to demonstrate your specialist capability and technical knowledge to create, implement and maintain master data management solutions that enable users to optimize systems capabilities.
We are an open, connected international team of technical specialists using some of the most exciting data and tools on the planet. We are the world leader in automation and smart mining.
We have technical development programmes that are industry-leading and recognise the unique nature of your role. These provide opportunities to grow your career through a dedicated technical path while being rewarded for your unique skills.
In this role, you will report to the Superintendent Reserves Data Management and work in a challenging and exciting environment:
You will be responsible for:
- Develop, implement and administer fit-for-purpose data management solutions to support our mine planning processes from studies to grade control and reconciliation;
- Design, deliver and administer innovative data repositories and related information management systems for Iron Ore;
- Provide subject matter expertise in data management and processing to resource evaluation, mine geology, environmental, geotechnical, mine planning and other teams as required;
- Stay abreast of current and future capabilities, to include massive data processing, storing, and reporting technology;
This role is for applicants residing in or willing to relocate to Western Australia permanently.
What you’ll bring
You will be passionate about business improvement, partnering with stakeholders at all levels of the organisation and able to positively influence.
To be successfully considered for this role you will have:
- Tertiary qualification in Mining Engineering, Geoscience, Computer Science, or related disciplines;
- Extensive experience in modifying and working with orebody block models;
- Experience and knowledge in building enterprise grade application;
- Strong database skills, working knowledge of networking/server technology and programming language (SQL, Maptek Vulcan – 3D block model manipulation software);
- Sound analytical skills to understand business requirements, and identify efficient, fit-for-purpose solutions to meet evolving customer needs;
- Exceptional problem-solving skills and a passion for innovation in a dynamic environment;
- A proven ability to work collaboratively with a variety of stakeholders to achieve customer-focused outcomes through the sharing of expertise, skills and technical capability
It will be highly regarded if you also have:
- Programming skills and advanced knowledge and literacy in Perl, Python, C#, Silverlight and VBA;
- Experience in Reserve and Resource reporting for external stakeholders
What we offer
Be recognised for your contribution, your thinking and your hard work, and go home knowing you've helped the world progress.
- A work environment where safety is always the number one priority
- A permanent position working directly for Rio Tinto
- A competitive base salary reflective of your skills and experience with annual incentive program
- Comprehensive medical benefits including subsidised private health insurance for employees and immediate family
- Attractive share ownership plan
- Company provided insurance cover
- Extensive salary sacrifice & salary packaging options
- Career development & education assistance to further your technical or leadership ambitions
- Ongoing access to family-friendly health and medical wellbeing support
- Leave for all of life's reasons (vacation/annual, paid parental, sick leave)
- Exclusive employee discounts (banking, accommodation, cars, retail and more)
- Possible domestic relocation assistance
About Rio Tinto
Every idea, every innovation, every little thing the world calls 'progress' begins with a first step, and someone willing to take it: explorers, inventors, entrepreneurs. Pioneers.
For nearly 150 years, Rio Tinto has been a company of pioneers – generations of people spanning the globe, all with the grit and vision to produce materials essential to human progress.
Our iron ore has shaped skylines from Shanghai to Sydney. Our aluminium – the world's first to be certified "responsible" – helps planes fly and makes cars lighter. Our copper helps wind turbines power cities and our boron helps feed the world and explore the universe. Our diamonds help us celebrate the best parts of life.
Where you'll be working
In the Perth CBD, Central Park. In the Pilbara region of Western Australia, Rio Tinto operates the world's largest integrated portfolio of iron ore assets with industry-leading margins. Our premium product suite, including our flagship Pilbara blend, drives strong customer relationships and is supported by technical and commercial marketing expertise. The iron ore business continues to be the world's largest autonomous truck operator and a proud leader in automated mining technologies.
Every Voice Matters
At Rio Tinto, we particularly welcome and encourage applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, women, the LGBTI+ community, mature workers, people with disabilities and people from different cultural backgrounds.
We are committed to an inclusive environment where people feel comfortable to be themselves. We want our people to feel that all voices are heard, all cultures respected and that a variety of perspectives are not only welcome – they are essential to our success. We treat each other fairly and with dignity regardless of race, gender, nationality, ethnic origin, religion, age, sexual orientation or anything else that makes us different.
Impress this employer describing Your skills and abilities, fill out the form below and leave Your personal touch in the presentation letter.
We currently have an opportunity for an experienced Recruitment professional for an engineering firm. The Resource Manager will be responsible for the Human Resource Management and the Recruitment. T [...]
- Expanding Established Brand - Salary + Super + Product allowance + Bonus - Tuesday - Saturday roster My client is a leader in the fashion industry. They sell designer brands such as Prada, Gu [...]
- Full-time permanent role - Long-term opportunity - Monday - Friday from 6am to 2pm We are looking for a physically fit Machine Operator to work with a leading organisation specialising in tyre [...]
Our amazing Dental Assistant Dana is having a baby very soon! This has opened up an exciting opportunity has become available for an enthusiastic Dental Assistant to join our state of the art dental t [...]