Environmental Services Coordinator
12 Months Temporary - Full Time 80 hours per fortnight.
Western Health seeks the services of a suitably experienced and qualified person to join our team based at Footscray Hospital.
This role involves supporting the ESD Manager in the effective delivery of Cleaning and Patient Services Assistant (PSA) services to the Hospital together with a responsibility for the monitoring of a UV auditing process. This UV process focuses on effective cleaning to ensure the highest levels of compliance with a range of Infection Control requirements across Western Health.
You will come to us with leadership experience in a Healthcare setting as well as being experienced in auditing as part of a Quality Control program.
Essential Skills / Experience
- HLT33115 - Certificate III in Health Services Assistance or equivalent
- Extensive knowledge and understanding of the delivery of PSA and cleaning services within the health care environment.
- Demonstrated communication and negotiation skills in a multicultural environment.
- Proven knowledge and understanding of resource management within budgetary and operational constraints
- Customer focussed and able to develop effective relationships with all stakeholders
- Demonstrated leadership and management capabilities
- Effective communication skills both verbal and written
- Demonstrated problem solving abilities
- Proven skills in roster efficiency, with a clear understanding of relevant Industrial Instruments
- A commitment to providing a safe work environment.
- Knowledge of Safe Work practices and Accreditation standards
- Demonstrate ability to work autonomously within established policies and procedures.
- Intermediate computer literacy skills with experience in using Microsoft Office, including Excel, Word and PowerPoint.
- Demonstrated understanding and proven ability to actively contribute to the principles of best practise and continual improvement.
- Similar leadership role in a health care environment.
- Experience and knowledge of PSA, Cleaning, and patient transport processes in a healthcare environment
- Experience in Ultra Violet auditing processes.
Our workforce of over 7,000 employees are driven by our values of ‘Compassion, Accountability, Respect, Excellence and Safety’ (CARES). We value our people and provide them the opportunity to grow and develop. Our teams are friendly and supportive, ensuring we deliver a safe, person-centred and connected patient experience.
Western Health comprises of three acute public hospitals: Footscray, Sunshine and Williamstown Hospital. We also operate the Joan Kirner Women’s and Children’s, Sunbury Day Hospital, Transition Care at Hazeldean and a range of community based services. We care for a diverse community of over 1 million people with complex care needs ranging from Neonates to Geriatrics.
Our employees enjoy a wide range of benefits such as:
- Professional development support
- Career advancement opportunities
- Salary packaging including novated vehicle leasing
- Work-life balance
Western Health is an equal opportunity employer committed to attracting and retaining diversity in our workforce. We encourage applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people.
Western Health is committed to providing a safe environment for the children and young people who are involved in our services, sites and operations. We follow and abide by all legislative requirements to keep children and young people safe.
All appointments are made subject to a satisfactory Police Record Check, an Immunisation status clearance and (if applicable) a Working with Children’s Check.
Western Health do not accept unsolicited resumes/applications from Recruitment Agencies .
Impress this employer describing Your skills and abilities, fill out the form below and leave Your personal touch in the presentation letter.
Western Health endeavours to tailor its training program in Geriatric Medicine to the needs of its community as well as the needs and interests of individual registrars, including those working part t [...]
The applicant must have experience working in a high volume food manufacturing environment. This is a 'Hands On' role. The duties include: Weighing of ingredients, following of recipes for bulk m [...]
About Us AB recruitment has been established since 1968 as a local recruitment company servicing all of Melbourne, with offices in Footscray and Dandenong. We offer labour hire, permanent recruitm [...]
IMPORTANT In your cover letter and application, ensure you write the specific position you are applying for.>The Nursing & Midwifery Workforce Unit currently have the following Grade 2 Registered [...]