The Delivery Manager is to effectively and professionally manage the Delivery Operations of a Delivery Centre and associated network, in order to achieve a high quality, reliable, efficient and cost effective delivery service.
The challenges for the position include managing the development of strategies to ensure the delivery network functions at optimum capability and to ensure day to day Service Performance and other corporate Key Performance Indicators (KPI’s) targets are consistently achieved or exceeded.
The role currently reports to an Area Manager and is responsible for the day-to-day Delivery operations.
The occupant of the role may be placed on a day shift roster and have additional responsibilities in relation to other Delivery operational areas. This is a pool position which may require the occupant to work at various work locations at the direction of an Area Manager.
• On a daily basis lead, direct and control all processing and support activities to ensure service standards, operational and performance objectives are met.
• Lead by example to motivate staff to work as one team encompassing the enterprise values and develop a “customer first” service culture.
• Monitor mail/parcel delivery and analyse performance against the delivery plan, and analyse major trends and key performance indicators over time.
• Manage Safety and WH&S; and continuously seek to reduce costs and improve service performance.
• Manage costs and initiate cost savings and facility improvements.
• Facilitating change and innovation within the workplace, including implementation and monitoring of processes and systems;
• Management of parcel and mail contractors (where applicable) including compliance with standard processes and systems.
• Manage and lead change within a consultative framework.
• In an industrial sensitive environment proven capacity to manage industrial relations conflicts and negotiations with Unions.
• Demonstrated ability to influence safety culture and lead a wide variety of staff in the performance of their duties in a safe and effective manner which removes personal risk and encourages personal accountability for safety
• Supervisory/ line management experience in an operational and/ or logistics environment operating over multiple shifts.
• Ability to identify and work closely and collaboratively with the relevant stakeholders, and to build positive corporate outcomes from these relationships.
• Facilitating and implementing change while managing operations in a business with fluctuating seasonal cycles that create periods of intense pressure.
• Demonstrated leadership experience and capacity for implementing cost reduction and efficiency initiatives.
• Understanding of Australia Post SBU component parts (delivery, mail operations, parcels and business hub), interfaces, key processes and information/materials flows.
• Demonstrated understanding of the principles of best practice and other associated process improvement and quality management techniques;
• Financial/ business management knowledge and tools including KPI’s.
• Understanding and commitment to Human Resources (HR) policies and procedures, including Work Health Safety and Environment (WHS&E;), Injury Management, Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO), Our Ethics, Employee Counselling Discipline Process (ECDP), Training & Development, Diversity, Harassment, Work Life Initiative etc.
• Knowledge of contractual practices as they relate to Delivery/Mail and Parcel services and compliance management practices within Delivery.
Impress this employer describing Your skills and abilities, fill out the form below and leave Your personal touch in the presentation letter.
Modbury North Medical Centre is the state-of-the-art and busy Bulk Bill practice. We are seeking for full time GPs for our fully equipped practice with excellent nursing, allied health and administrat [...]
Who We Arep> Amplifon are a team of 16, employees located across countriesur mission is to transform the way hearing healthcare is perceived perienced worldwide, changing the lives of millions of [...]
There are a number of casual positions you can register your interest for across all departments of the supermarket including Bakery, Checkouts, Dairy, Fruit & Veg, Nightfill and Service Deli. If yo [...]