Legal Aid NSW
Love the great outdoors? National Parks Field Officers are on the front line in national parks across NSW. We’re keen to hear from you if this sounds like your ideal role!
- x1 Temporary full-time role based in Urbanville, NSW
- Salary starting from $62,656 and up to $66,729 plus super and 17% loading for working weekends and public holidays
- This role is for candidates with competencies at Grade 3 or above within the Field Officer 1/4 classification
About the role:
Made up of collaborative, creative and committed people to ensure a liveable and sustainable NSW, the North Coast Branch of NSW National Parks & Wildlife Service (NPWS)
is looking for a Field Officer to contribute to the delivery of projects for the Richmond River team.
What you will do to succeed:
• Undertakes construction, maintenance and improvements to park assets within NPWS parks and reserves, maintains heritage buildings and structures.
• Undertakes pest, weed and fire management activities including those in remote areas.
• Operates and maintains plant and equipment.
• Responds to visitor enquiries and may undertake compliance activities.
• Contributes to the enhancement and preservation of the natural and cultural heritage values of parks.
What you will have to succeed:
• A current driver’s licence and four-wheel driving certification. An MR licence is required to progress to Grade 4.
• Demonstrated ability and experience to carry out all duties safely and ability to obtain relevant SafeWork NSW certification to appropriately operate and maintain a range of plant and equipment, including but not limited to conditionally registered vehicles, watercraft, lifting apparatus and road maintenance plant as well as the ability and willingness to obtain a First Aid certificate.
• Certification, or ability to obtain certification within the probationary period (up to 12 months) in operating a chainsaw to crosscut and basic tree felling standard; ability to operate two-way radio.
• Ability to carry out frontline firefighting duties and support roles including ability to obtain and maintain certification as a crew member or higher, and a willingness to fly in light aircraft.
Please note: This is a physically demanding role, requiring heavy muscular activity, lifting, carrying, pushing and pulling loads, bending, climbing, and driving a variety of vehicles. Field Officer applicants must meet the requirements of a firefighting medical which is inclusive of a clearance to undertake frontline firefighting roles. The applicant must pass the task-based fitness assessment to a moderate level within the probationary period (up to 12 months) and annually thereafter.
If you have been looking for such an opportunity and possess the skills and keen to know more, please refer to the for more information.
You can also contact Tracey Frewen at 02 66 32 00 / (phone hidden) for a confidential discussion.
Impress this employer describing Your skills and abilities, fill out the form below and leave Your personal touch in the presentation letter.
District Manager-00008C8J - RFS Level 10/11 - Ongoing full time role - 35 hour work week - Location: Kempsey (Lower North Coast District) About the NSW RFS For over 100 years, the has been a vital p [...]
Field Support Officer-00008A26 Field Support Officer TAFE Worker Level 5 Multiple roles available across negotiable campus locations BE BOLD. BE AMBITIOUS. MAKE YOUR NEXT MOVE THE RIGHT ONE. - [...]
Service Desk Officer-00008A24 Service Desk Officer TAFE Worker Level 5 Multiple roles available across negotiable campus locations BE BOLD. BE AMBITIOUS. MAKE YOUR NEXT MOVE THE RIGHT ONE. - Comp [...]
Position Description We are looking for a recent school leaver who wants to start a career in childcare! If that sounds like you, then apply today! THE COMPANY MEGT (Australia) Ltd makes Apprentice [...]