About our Renal and Gastroenterology Ward 34 at MMC
Monash Health is the largest public health service in Victoria, employing over 18,000 people across a range of specialities.
Ward 34 is a 40 bed unit providing care to patients with renal and gastro med disease. We work closely alongside a number of wards both within the hospital and on other Monash Health campuses that form the Monash Health Nephrology and Gastro Med department. The unit is fast paced and busy with the tendency to change at any time. Our renal patient group is quite large and, due to the nature of their illness, most patients tend to represent often.
About the Role
We are seeking a highly motivated and enthusiastic ward clerk to join our dynamic team. You will be the first point of contact for patients and visitors both over the phone and face to face. On accepting this role, you will fast become an integral member of a cohesive team, working closely alongside nursing, medical and allied health staff as well as becoming a point of call for PSAs.
You should have efficient computer skills, knowledge of Monash Health administration systems is preferable, including the ability to check and book outpatient appointments. Punctuality and professional presentation are important. You will be required to communicate effectively with staff and take a proactive approach to your duties.
Your key responsibilities:
- Ward clerk duties as described in Monash Health position description
- Close communication with ward clerks of all Monash Nephrology units as applicable
- Assistance in stores management- ordering and packing stock away
- Answer to, support and take direction from the Nurse Unit Manager
The successful candidate for the position will be expected to be available to work Friday 0730-1600, Saturday 0730-1600 and Sunday 0730-1600.
You are a proactive, experienced healthcare administrator who enjoys a fast paced environment and can work effectively in autonomous role. Prioritising comes naturally to you and being in a hospital environment you exhibit integrity, compassion, accountability, respect and excellence.
Who are we looking for?
- Proven healthcare administration experience
- Familiar with iPM, KRONOS, EMR, iPROC (advantageous)
- Ideally you are familiar with the set up and function of an inpatient unit
- Friendly, customer service driven individual with exceptional, effective communicate skills
- Proactive, organised and can work autonomously and multitask in a busy environment
What we offer
In addition, you will have access to benefits including salary packaging options that increase your take-home pay, access to onsite staff car parking and gym , uniform and a comprehensive Employee Assistance Program (EAP).
Monash Health recognises the value of equal employment opportunity and is committed to patient safety and promoting fairness, equity and diversity in the workplace. At Monash Health we are relentless in our pursuit of excellence and work to our six guiding principles.
Please apply online through Mercury e-recruit as email applications will not be considered. Current Monash Health employees should apply through Mercury using their Monash Health employee account. Our Recruitment Services team can answer any queries on this matter and can be reached on Ph: 9265 2750 or via email to [email protected]
Offers of employment can only be made once all required probity checks have been completed. These include:
- reference checks;
- a clear Police Check conducted within the last three months;
- a current Victorian Employee Working with Children’s Check (or proof of payment for same); and
- proof of immunisation.
A request to conduct probity checks does not guarantee that an offer of employment will be made.
As part of our selection process, you may be invited by email to participate in an on-camera video interview.
Impress this employer describing Your skills and abilities, fill out the form below and leave Your personal touch in the presentation letter.
- Work in a dedicated and innovative team environment - Contribute to a great visitor experience - Ongoing, Full Time position located at Olinda About the branch The Operations Directorate is [...]
Job no: 496560 Work type: Permanent Full Time Location: VIC - Metro Categories: Store Operations Advertised: 17 Jun 2021 AUS Eastern Standard Time Applications close: 17 Jul 2021 AUS Ea [...]
- Executive Level 2, Ongoing - $119,495 - $184,307 + 15.4% super - Melbourne. Other State or Territory Offices may be negotiated The Bureau of Meteorology's Research Program is undertaking a reor [...]
We have a clear purpose: to accelerate the global transformation to cleantech. The world has woken up to the fact that water and energy are precious resources that must be cherished. Technology will p [...]