Monash Health is excited to announce an opening for a Clinical Nurse Consultant position - Long Service Leave coverage within its Gastroenterology and Hepatology Unit:
The Complex Liver Care Clinic - CNC
- Facilitate the ambulatory model for The Complex Liver Care Clinic
- Independant and interdependant working relationships within the unit and broader community
- Participate in research involved in patient centred care
Acknowledging the vital role The CNC will provide in healthcare to our community, Monash Health proudly supports the WHO 2020 International Year of the Nurse and the Midwife.
About our Complex Liver Care Clinic at Monash Health .
Monash Health is the largest public health service in Victoria, employing over 18,000 people across a range of specialities.
Monash Health Gastroenterology and Hepatology Unit facilitates an ambulatory model for the Complex Liver Care Clinic and the Virtual Hospital - A digital health ecosystem supporting person centred care for chronic liver disease and decompensated Liver patient population.
About The Role:
The position is predominantly a hospital based across the campuses with its base located within the Gastroenterology and Hepatology Unit, Monash Health - Monash Medical Centre, Clayton.
The major focus of this position will be to work with the
decompensated Liver patient population, in consultation with the Clinical Lead of the Complex Liver Care clinic and the Virtual Hospital Project with Associate Professor Suong Le; Hepatology & Gastroenterology Consultants, Registrars, the Clinical Trial Centre, the Multidisciplinary Team, Hospital in the Home and other inter hospital liaisons.
The Complex Liver Care clinic’s (CCLC) aim is to reduce inpatient admissions by offering a patient-centred, holistic, safe, cost-effective and culturally and geographically accessible patient care. The CCLC CNC will practice independently and interdependently, accept accountability for the clinical outcomes of nursing practice for the service, and address the inconsistencies between practice and policy
This involves coordinating outpatient assessments in the clinical trial centre, MHTP building. Liaising with key staff around ascitic tap procedures, albumin therapy, pathology collection, liaising with Hospital in the Home, palliative care, Liver Mass clinic, Austin Transplant team and other allied health services within Monash Health and in community.
The position is part time - 4 days week for the period of the extended leave for the current incumbent
Training will be provided.
You have been developing your management and leadership skills or you are an accomplished CNC or aspiring to CNC role; you are ready to take this next step in your Career. You lead by example, thrive working in a dynamic, fast paced environment and are truly passionate about delivering a high standard of evidence based nursing care to all patients. You are an advocate of Monash Health’s Strategic Guiding Principles
You Are Also:
- committed to a leadership & mentoring role
- dedicated to safe best practice & quality care
- committed to delivering patient centred care & a patient advocacy
- enthusiastic, compassionate & able to work collaboratively
- excited to be accountable for and manage specific portfolios in our relentless pursuit of excellence
What You Need:
- Relevant Qualification (aligned to position description)
- Demonstrated experience (aligned to position description noting no reference to years of experience)
- Current AHPRA registration
- Include any other mandatory/required skills or licenses
- Australian working rights
What We Offer:
- access to Monash Health in-house learning portals to further expand your acute clinical skills & knowledge base
- avenues to further develop your leadership & project management skills
- mentorship & career guidance
- support to attend relevant forums & conferences
- a supportive learning environment, should you wish to undertake postgraduate studies
In addition, you will have access to benefits including salary packaging to increase your take-home pay, access to onsite subsidised staff car parking and gym, uniform and the Employee Assistance Program (EAP).
Impress this employer describing Your skills and abilities, fill out the form below and leave Your personal touch in the presentation letter.
Have you ever walked into a shopping centre and just enjoyed being there? You don’t know why, or what makes it different – you just know you’d like to work, shop or visit there more? Well, we’ [...]
Led by Swinburne University of Technology, working in partnership with CSIRO and Germany’s ARENA 2036, the Victorian Hydrogen Hub (VH2) will bring together researchers, industry partners and busines [...]
We are a boutique dental practice located in Bentleigh East approximately 30mins from Melbourne. We practice all aspects of dentistry including dental implants, orthodontics and cosmetic work. Our tea [...]
- Residential builder - MD projects - $75,000 to $100,000 - AutoCAD environment Our client is well-known for their quality builds. Due to continued growth, they are seeking an experienced AutoCA [...]