Full-time Specialist (Consultant) Obstetricians
Western Health, one of the largest providers of maternity services in Australia, is a Level 6 (tertiary) hospital looking to appoint enthusiastic & experienced full-time obstetricians to support the growth and complexity managed within the recently opened Joan Kirner Women’s and Children’s Hospital:
- These fulltime positions would add to the existing 27 specialists who provide care within a team based system and support a collaborative model of maternity care in a busy, high complexity, tertiary level maternity service.
- The roles involve acute obstetrics (Birth Suite and Maternity Admissions Centre), antenatal clinics, caesarean section lists,
and teaching and training of junior medical staff.
- The service is a training centre for Fellowship of The Royal Australian & New Zealand College of Obstetricians and Gynaecologist and is supported by 26 registrars and 16 HMOs or Senior HMOs.
- With an expressed aim of becoming the best O&G; training centre in Australia, experience in supporting trainees and ensuring their advancement would be valuable.
- A specialist interest in high risk obstetrics, and/or ultrasound, and/or maternal fetal medicine would be particularly valued.
For more details, please contact A Prof Glyn Teale, Clinical Service Director ([email protected]) or Dr Elske Posma, Head of Obstetrics ([email protected])
Our workforce of over 7,000 employees are driven by our values of ‘Compassion, Accountability, Respect, Excellence and Safety’ (CARES). We value our people and provide them the opportunity to grow and develop. Our teams are friendly and supportive, ensuring we deliver a safe, person-centred and connected patient experience.
Western Health comprises of three acute public hospitals: Footscray, Sunshine and Williamstown Hospital. We also operate the Joan Kirner Women’s and Children’s, Sunbury Day Hospital, Transition Care at Hazeldean and a range of community based services. We care for a diverse community of over 1 million people with complex care needs ranging from Neonates to Geriatrics.
Our employees enjoy a wide range of benefits such as:
- Professional development support
- Career advancement opportunities
- Salary packaging including novated vehicle leasing
- Work-life balance
Western Health is an equal opportunity employer committed to attracting and retaining diversity in our workforce. We encourage applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people.
Western Health is committed to providing a safe environment for the children and young people who are involved in our services, sites and operations. We follow and abide by all legislative requirements to keep children and young people safe.
All appointments are made subject to a satisfactory Police Record Check, an Immunisation status clearance and (if applicable) a Working with Children’s Check.
Western Health do not accept unsolicited resumes/applications from Recruitment Agencies.
Impress this employer describing Your skills and abilities, fill out the form below and leave Your personal touch in the presentation letter.
- Permanent Part Time, 22.6 hours per week: Saturday, Sunday and Friday mornings - Excellent benefits including salary packaging - Fitzroy location About St Vincent's St Vincent’s Hosp [...]
A leading Australian wholesalers in ladies fashion, Caroline K Morgan, is on the hunt for a new Receptionist/Data entry clerk! Required Experience, Skills and Qualifications Your tasks as a receptio [...]
Job no: 504083 Work type: Full time Location: Melbourne - CBD & Surrounds Categories: Finance Are you looking for your next challenge? The Australian Venue Co. family are looking for enthus [...]
Moon & Back Co We are looking for an ambitious creative to join our team as a Creative/Film Administrator based in Melbourne, Victoria. We are looking for an ambitious creative to join our team as a [...]