About Monash Health
Monash Health is Victoria's largest public health service. We are proud to provide healthcare to one quarter of Melbourne's population, across the entire life-span from newborn and children, to adults, the elderly, their families and carers. More than 18,000 employees work at over 40 care locations across south eastern Melbourne, including Monash Medical Centre, Monash Children's Hospital, Moorabbin Hospital, Dandenong Hospital, Casey Hospital, Kingston Centre, Cranbourne Centre, and an extensive network of rehabilitation, aged care, community health and mental health facilities.
For more information please visit www.monashhealth.org.
About Monash Doctors
There are more than 1,300 Junior Medical staff positions at Monash Health in over 200 medical specialties, to help grow your career. We offer unparalleled opportunities in Victoria's largest & most clinically diverse teaching health service.
About the Mental Health Program and the position on offer
Mental health program (MHP) at Monash Medical Centre (MMC) provides individualised, client centered care for adults 18 - 65 years of age and their families aiming to improve mental health and well being. Teams at the MHP are multidisciplinary in nature. The consultant psychiatrist will provide medical leadership at team level and support & assist the Head of the Adult Psychiatry Unit at MMC in the provision of high-quality psychiatry Services, consistent with the Monash Health values.
An opportunity exists for a Consultant Psychiatrist to provide clinical service to an existing position at Adult Psychiatry Services at Monash Medical Centre, Clayton within the Emergency Psychiatric Services (EPS) and Consultation Liaison (CL) Teams. The position supports and assists the Unit Head, Adult Psychiatry, in the provision of high-quality psychiatric services to adults aged 18 - 65 years at Monash Health - Clayton.
Key result areas
- Medical model of care at Monash Health is “consultant led”. Consultants are at the forefront of care provision and lead by example and provide clinical leadership through active involvement in patient care
- Be available to medical colleagues for consultation and liaison as appropriate regarding patient care
- Be immediately available for urgent consultation and assistance in the management of clinically deteriorating patients
- Support the Mental Health Program outreach services within Monash Health
- Contribute to the professional and corporate life of Monash Health by participation in appropriate committees and forums
- Contribute to ongoing service improvement and clinical and workforce innovation to ensure Monash Health provides high quality accessible Psychiatry Services within allocated resources and meets the needs of Monash Health patients
- Participate and contribute to the Department's teaching program across undergraduate, medicine and post-graduate courses.
- Supervise and mentor students and junior colleagues in research and teaching activities.
We welcome applications from late stage senior registrars who expect to obtain Fellowship in the next 2 - 3 months.
What we offer:
- Salary packaging
- Onsite discounted staff parking
- Discounted banking (BankVic)
- Onsite Gym
- Access to professional development courses and seminars
What you need:
- Registration with the Australian Health Practitioner Regulation Agency (AHPRA)
- Appropriate health professional tertiary qualifications
- Fellowship of the RACS or equivalent
- Working with Children's Certificate
- Membership with RACS and ASOHNS
Impress this employer describing Your skills and abilities, fill out the form below and leave Your personal touch in the presentation letter.
Job Description Location: Melbourne | Northern Metropolitan Job type: Full time Organisation: Department of Families, Fairness and Housing Salary: $87,640 - $99,438 Occupation: Community Services [...]
Acknowledging the vital role they play in providing healthcare to our community, Monash Health proudly supports the WHO 2021 International Year of Health and Care Workers. About Monash Health Mona [...]
Community Mental Health Clinician - Central East Hospital Outreach Post-Suicide Engagement (HOPE) - Permanent Full time - Box Hill Hospital Site Eastern Health Eastern Health is one of Melbour [...]
Job Description • $2200/day • 6th August - 3 Months, view to extend • No On-call Scope-Medical currently seeks a Melbourne based Psychiatrist to locum at this prestigious Melbourne Hospi [...]