Austin Health is the major provider of tertiary health services, health professional education and research across 3 campuses in the northeast of Melbourne and state-wide. Austin Health is world-renowned for its research and specialist work in cancer, liver transplantation, spinal cord injuries, neurology, endocrinology, mental health and rehabilitation.
An exciting opportunity currently exists for an enthusiastic Fellow in Pain Medicine to join our Pain Service in 2022. Trainees can be considered for either 6 or 12 month appointments depending on training requirements.
Details of Department
Austin Health is an accredited Level 1 training facility for the Fellowship of the FPM, ANZCA,
which oversees competency-based speciality medical education in Pain Medicine.
The Austin takes great pride on balancing appropriate clinical supervision and service requirements. We aim to provide regular structured feedback and teaching from our consultants (via the FPM entrustable professional activities embodied in workplace-based assessments) to develop our trainees in all the domains of Pain Medicine practice including the Professional, Communicator, Collaborator, Leader, Health Advocate and Scholar roles.
The experience gained during the training period will help the trainee become a better physician in dealing with complex patients with pain problems in both an outpatient and inpatient setting. The trainee will learn aspects of acute pain, chronic pain, palliative care, cancer pain and addiction medicine from the pain perspective.
To be successful in this role you must have:
- A commitment to Austin Health values
- Current registration as a Medical Practitioner in Australia with the Australian Health Practitioner Regulation Agency (AHPRA).
- Current rights to work in Australia (Australian or New Zealand citizenship, Australian permanent residence, or a temporary visa with entitlement to work).
- A “growth mindset”. Includes an openness to both giving and receiving constructive feedback, with an emphasis on critical reflection and continuous improvement (being a reflective practitioner).
- Registration or eligibility to register as a trainee with the FPM (either completed, or be training towards specialist qualification – see paragraph 3.1 of the FPM Training handbook for further details.)
- A demonstrated interest in Pain Medicine. This may be evidenced by either intention to sit, or completion of, the Foundations of Pain Medicine examination; and intention to complete admission to FPM fellowship by completion of the training program.
For full information, refer to the attached Position Description.
Work with us! Your reward is to work in a collaborative environment which will provide you with opportunities for ongoing training and development. Your benefits will include salary packaging, and employee assistance program.
All appointments are made subject to a satisfactory National Police Check conducted by Austin Health and if required, a Working With Children Check.
Austin Health is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to attracting and retaining a diverse workforce that reflects the community we serve. Applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders are encouraged.
Impress this employer describing Your skills and abilities, fill out the form below and leave Your personal touch in the presentation letter.
Location: Reservoir vic and Preston Disinfection Sanitizing cleaning 2 hours per time, $30 per hour, $60 per time, 7am to 9am , Monday Tuesday, Friday Requirements: Must have 1.ABN 2.Police ch [...]
- Full-time/ flexible working options - Preston High St location, walking distance from train and tram - Salary circa $90k p.a. plus super The City of Darebin is a vibrant municipality just north [...]
Preston, Full Time, Admin/Office Please Quote Reference Number 80823 Automotive Stock Control exp. and an eye for detail? Manage our busy new vehicle stock Join the growing team at Max Kirwan [...]
Who is MMT Care? It's all in the name, here at MMT Care we work hard to live up to our title. We care for our clients, the community and we care for the team that supports them. At MMT Care, we be [...]