Federation University Australia
- Federation Business School. Ballarat Campus
- Full-time, fixed-term appointment for five years
- Academic Level D, $146,293 or Level E, $187,922, plus 17% superannuation
About Federation University
Federation University has been ranked in the top 200 of higher education institutions in the world for its overall Sustainable Development Goals (SDG) impact, recognised internationally in the Times Higher Education (THE) World University Impact Rankings.
Federation’s areas of strongest performance include:
- Gender Equity – ranked 35 – representing Federation’s commitment to providing women, particularly first-generation female students,
with equal access to education and the wider role of driving forward gender equality in their communities.
- No Poverty – ranked 36 – reflected in the University’s support for first-in-family providing access to quality education to address intergenerational poverty
- Affordable and Clean Energy – ranked 44 – for promoting and supporting clean energy, both through our world class research, outreach, and in our behaviour and energy usage
- Partnership for the Goals – equal 100th - for Federation University’s support of the SDGs through collaboration with other countries, such as our work with the Principles for Responsible Management Education.
About the role
You will provide research and innovation leadership in the areas of regional economic development and innovation research within a circular economy system using models of Smart Specialisation. While the position is located within the Federation Business School, you will lead research and engagement with industry and the community at the Ararat Jobs and Technology Precinct, a collaboration between the University, Ararat City Council and business, which aims to transform a largely agriculturally based economy. You will also be a part of the team that is building a Watson IoT facility in Ballarat City.
- lead the Ararat Innovation and Technology Precinct Project
- be a member of the team that will further develop the University’s prize-winning partnership with IBM, particularly in establishing a joint Watson IoT capability;
- contribute to research in innovation, regional economic development, circular economy, smart specialisation, and sustainability;
- strengthen the academic leadership in research and education programs in Economics; and
- apply our world-class research to real-world challenges and to make a positive impact both regionally and globally.
To be considered for this position, you will have demonstrated experience as defined below and on the position description for a Level D or Level E Academic.
Level D Academic
- national record of achievement in research and a demonstrated capacity to play a leading role in the School’s research program;
- significant record of achievement in the supervision of honours, masters and doctoral students; and
- excellent interpersonal, oral and written communications skills.
Level E Academic
- familiarity with the use of big data and IoT capabilities in the development of new economic and business models;
- experience developing and implementing long and short-term research strategies;
- problem-solving abilities, creativity and initiative to resolve complex issues;
- analytical, conceptual and research skills, together with substantial, sustained and proven educational, research and professional experience
Please note that applications will be prioritised for those with current working rights in Australia and who are not affected by travel restrictions.Please see the latest updates to Australia’s immigration and border arrangements during the COVID-19 (Coronavirus) outbreak: https://covid19.homeaffairs.gov.au/
How to apply
Please apply by Monday, 14 June 2021.
Applicants are required to address the Key Selection Criteria, in addition to a resume. To view the Position Description, please click here: 850308.pdf
If you are experiencing technical difficulties with your application, please email the Recruitment team or phone 03 5327 9756. Our position descriptions also list a contact person for job specific enquiries.
At Federation University Australia we value diversity, embrace difference and nurture a connected, safe and respectful community. We strongly encourage applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and people of all cultures, abilities, sexualities and genders. Should you require additional support please email Elizabeth Spark, our Diversity and Inclusion Partner. Find out more about our Aboriginal and Torres Islander Employment Strategy. For support or queries relating to Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander employment please email Lisa Pickering, our Associate Director, Organisational Development and Performance.
A workplace for remarkable people
For almost 150 years we have been reaching out to new communities, steadily building a generation of independent thinkers united in the knowledge that they are greater together.
We are committed to attracting, retaining and developing the best talent in the regions in which we operate. From our academic and research staff to those working in student experience, we are all part of a collaborative culture that inspires the highest levels of excellence, innovation, integrity and respect. We are proud of our SAGE Athena SWAN Bronze accreditation in 2019 for recognising our commitment to advancing the careers of women, trans and gender diverse individuals in STEM disciplines in higher education and research.
What we offer
You will be able to take advantage of our UniSports Health and Fitness Centre in Mt Helen, in addition to benefits such as purchased leave, annualised hours, blended workforce options (work from home flexibility), salary sacrificing options, on-campus childcare (Mt Helen and Gippsland), discounted private health insurance, affordable parking, wellness programs, professional development programs and many other benefits. For further information visit our leave and work-life balance web page.
For more information on a career with us, please visit our website or let our staff tell you more.
Impress this employer describing Your skills and abilities, fill out the form below and leave Your personal touch in the presentation letter.
· Australia’s leading towing and transport company · Dynamic role with ongoing support and growth opportunities · Noble Park location About Nationwide Group – Nationwide Towing & Transport [...]
Company Description We’re on a mission to help move the businesses that move the world. With over 130 years’ experience, Toll Group, proudly part of Japan Post, operates an extensive global logi [...]
We are one of Australia's largest independently owned fuel retail businesses with a strong presence in Victoria and New South Wales. Established in 1989 the organisation has spent over three decades f [...]
- Would you like to work for a highly-respected, leading not-for-profit animal welfare organisation? - Become an authorised officer with RSPCA Victoria and help make a real difference to the wellbei [...]