At BlueScope, we create and inspire smart solutions in steel, strengthening our communities and helping build a better future. Our steel has shaped everything from hospitals and schools, bridges and stadiums to fences and homes – influencing the way we live and work, now and in the future.
Come and discover the opportunity to join our Information Technology function as a Solution Architect. Information Technology at BlueScope have embarked on an exciting enterprise technology transformation, that will continue to support our business and customers now, and for the future.
The role of the Solution Architect is to provide solutions to technical issues across our business.
You will collaborate with IT Product Owners to develop solutions to satisfy business needs.
We have a total of four new opportunities and these roles can be based in Mount Waverley VIC, Brisbane QLD, or Wollongong NSW
What Will You Do?
In this critical role, you will partner with the business to understand their needs and work closely with our service delivery providers to solve problems that span multiple architecture domains including business, information, integration and infrastructure.
To achieve this, you will:
- Review, interpret and respond to business requirements and specifications to ensure alignment between business expectations and current or future IT capability
- Within the agreed enterprise architecture, define and design technology solutions to assist the business in meeting their business objectives
- Develop, test and implement technology solutions and report on delivery commitments to ensure solutions are implemented as expected and to agreed timeframes
- Be a change leader enabling a leaner organization through strategy and architecture deliveries that provide for an efficient use of capital
- Support Business Managers and Stakeholders with project shaping, delivery paths, market analysis, proof of concept
More About You
With your experience of Solution Architecture solving problems that span across multi domains you will also have:
- Worked in an application rich environment with many interdependencies.
- A good understanding of integration between IT and OT in a manufacturing or heavy asset environment.
- Expertise in solution architecture to support a strategy which is:
- Modernising legacy business applications leveraging public cloud and leading SaaS solutions;
- Investing in big data and analytics practices to drive actionable business insight;
- Implementing modern networking technologies;
- Adopting hybrid infrastructure platforms;
- Evolving a modern workplace solution built around industry leading technologies and flexible work practices; and
- Evolving Security and Identity capabilities to support the shifts occurring within and outside of the organisation.
The BlueScope Difference
A career at BlueScope provides the opportunity to make a difference – to you, to your team, to our customers, to transforming products, processes and brands, and to an organisation intent on shaping a better built environment for all our communities. At BlueScope, you will:
- make an impact both within the organisation and in the broader community
- create and deliver innovative products and solutions that shape the world we live in
- grow on a path of continuous learning and development
- enjoy the sense of belonging that comes from working with people who genuinely look out for one another
We’re dedicated to supporting our people - keeping one-another safe, rewarding successes, and helping individuals grow. We foster workplace flexibility and an inclusive work environment that welcomes people of all backgrounds. We’re committed to climate action and to helping shape a better future for all our communities; we are committed to Our Purpose, Creating Strength.
Come and discover us at bluescope.com/life-at-bluescope/. Together we can make a world of difference.
Applications close Friday 11th June 2021
Impress this employer describing Your skills and abilities, fill out the form below and leave Your personal touch in the presentation letter.
At Rehab Management people are at the centre of our business. Rehab Management is privately owned and established for over 20 years – and we’re passionate about staying that way as we head into [...]
Pro Vice-Chancellor (Students) - 3 x Permament/continuing, full-time appointments - 1 x Fixed term, full-time appointment (to December 2022) - Level 6/7: $78,183 - $96,811 + superannuation [...]
Job Description Are you a passionate Exercise Physiologist looking to work with a like minded team? We're excited to be able to offer a fantastic opportunity in Wollongong. Enjoy a rewarding, divers [...]
Rockmans is on the hunt for a Part-Time Store Manager who has a passion for fashion and is dedicated to giving our customers the best in store experience. As a Store Manager, you will be the driving f [...]