Susquehanna Pacific Pty Ltd
Do you want to work on designing and developing real-time financial risk systems?
SIG is a market leader and its continued success is based on the capabilities provided by our growing Technology and Quantitative Research teams. Understanding real-time risk is critical to trading decisions. Building these risk systems involves some of the most demanding challenges in any industry and we're willing to use any technologies that will give us an edge. The Sydney Risk team is responsible for delivering highly available applications used by the traders and Risk Committee for real-time market risk and other analysis (including limits, counterparty risk, P&L; and scenario analysis).
How will you create impact in this role?
As a Developer in our Risk Team, you will be involved in the analysis, design and development of C# risk applications in a Front Office trading environment bringing a thorough understanding of the business domain (equity/commodity derivatives, greeks, market data and risk metrics). This complex software includes a combination of user-interfaces and server-side systems. You will work closely with the traders, compliance and technology teams to provide innovative solutions with a focus on highly scalable systems. You will see your ideas and hard work used by experienced traders across a diverse range of instruments and markets.
What are your daily responsibilities?
- Analysis, design and development of business-critical Risk applications.
- Taking projects through the entire software development cycle from requirements gathering to production release.
- Committed to innovation with a strong interest in learning and working with new technologies.
- Continuous improvement of the capability of the Risk team and applications (through technology, automation and other means).
What you'll bring to the team:
- A Bachelor's Degree (or higher) in a technical or related discipline
- Solid knowledge and experience of derivatives and greeks.
- Knowledge of: design, profiling, OO, multi-threading, user-interface development with experience on both the client & server side
- A demonstrated track record in risk, quantitative or trading systems development
- Experience of real-time applications (preferably with Tibco RV)
- Excellent attention to detail, accuracy and a thorough understanding of the full software development life-cycle
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills for interacting with traders, compliance and other software developers
- Ability to meet deadlines and work well under pressure in a fast-paced team environment
We'd love if you also have:
- Equity/commodity derivatives product knowledge across Asia and Australia
- Qualifications, experience and a passion for derivate pricing and algorithmic trading
What we offer:
- Our technology department allows you to work with smart people who are genuinely interested in the work they do and always solving interesting problems. Our people are very open to new ideas and encouraged to think outside of the box
- We take ownership of the applications we develop, from start to finish. We work on several projects at a time, and stay involved in the entire life cycle of each one
- A casual dress code - shorts are the fashion in the summer!
- An on-site well-equipped gym
- Fully stocked kitchen with breakfast and lunch served daily
- Employee wellness programs and mental health support initiatives for all SIG employees and their families
We will have a fully digital interviewing process with remote start options available due to the COVID19 restrictions in Australia.
We don't post salary ranges externally so any salary estimate you see listed here was not provided by SIG and may not be accurate. We think it's important to take your skills and experience into account when determining compensation.
SIG is not accepting unsolicited resumes from search firms. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at SIG via-email, the internet or directly without a valid written search agreement will be deemed the sole property of SIG, and no fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Susquehanna
Impress this employer describing Your skills and abilities, fill out the form below and leave Your personal touch in the presentation letter.
MORE ABOUT THIS JOB ENGINEERING What We Do At Goldman Sachs, our Engineers don't just make things - we make things possible. Change the world by connecting people and capital with ideas. So [...]
Software Engineer - FICC Boltweb Technology MORE ABOUT THIS JOB ENGINEERING What We Do At Goldman Sachs, our Engineers don't just make things - we make things possible. Change the world by connect [...]
MORE ABOUT THIS JOB ENGINEERING What We Do At Goldman Sachs, our Engineers don’t just make things – we make things possible. Change the world by connecting people and capital with ideas. Solve [...]
Posted by: Kevin Weisgerber Recruiter View profile & contact Develop high performance and low-latency solutions for financial markets trading in new expanding Sydney CBD Team Company Our client [...]