Business Need / Purpose of Role
This position acts as the primary technical resource for the application, sizing, and selection of Mineral Processing products including, crushers (cones, jaws, horizontal and vertical impactors), screens (linear, circular, elliptical motion), feeders and associated washing products (pumps, classifiers, cyclones, washers, etc) and systems. This technical resource provides direct support to inside and outside sales, design engineering, and operations in pursuit of company objectives. This position will include preparing proposals for tender purposes as well as a sales component to collaborate with customers to optimize flowsheet.
Key Responsibilities and Specific Accountabilities
Including but not limited to:
- Acts as a primary technical resource for the effective and profitable application of Mineral Processing products to all appropriate opportunities;
- Develops material flow sheets with Weir products to support customer duty requirements and quotations
- Collaborate with customers on plant flowsheets, configurations and optimizations,
- Prepares and manages proposals for tender purposes
- Applications engineering, equipment selection, costing, quoting and tender preparation for a range of process equipment to end user customers and engineering houses.
- Interfaces with customers and company resources in support of Mineral Processing products;
- Performs sizing calculations and selects appropriate products to suit customer needs;
- Develops, maintains, and improves Mineral Processing product documentation;
- Participates in Corrective Action Request and Evaluation processes and assists with the determination of root causes and resolution of issues;
- Designs new and or improves existing processes as effective solutions to Customer requirements;
- Packages existing products to target specific market opportunities;
- Communicates customer expectations and requirements to all internal resources;
- Participates with engineering in experimental manufacture and testing of product;
- Visits customer sites, to audit, commission equipment (plants) and engage with customers. This requirement may involve international travel;
- Keeps informed of product technologies and markets-served, developments relevant to products, materials, processes and tools;
- Prepares internal material and conducts training to improve process knowledge of sales and technical teams;
- Performs other incidental and related duties as required and assigned.
Job Knowledge / Education and Qualifications
Education and/or Experience:
- Degree in Engineering or suitable combination of education and experience
- 5+ experience in operation or modelling of Mineral Processing equipment
- 7+ years of job-related experiences
- Knowledge of Mining or Aggregate industry
- Possesses expert knowledge in the design and application of Mineral Processing products in sand & aggregates, hard rock and mining.
- Willingness and ability to continue education (formal and/or otherwise)
- Negotiation skills
Language Skills: Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
Mathematical: Ability to work with mathematical concepts such as probability and statistical inference, and fundamentals of plane and solid geometry and trigonometry. Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations.
Reasoning Ability: Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
Computer Skills: MS Office, CRM systems (ideally SAP C4C Salesforce), Aggflow, JK Tech
Physical Demands: The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 15 pounds
Moderate (business office with computers and printers, light traffic)
Loud (mine sites, large earth-moving equipment)
Impress this employer describing Your skills and abilities, fill out the form below and leave Your personal touch in the presentation letter.
Job Description : We are looking for an Analytics Senior Consultant to join our team. The position will be responsible for delivery of Data Engineering and Data Modelling for specific accounts for o [...]
To get the best candidate experience, please consider applying for a maximum of 3 roles within 12 months to ensure you are not duplicating efforts. Job CategorySales Job Details Who are Salesforce Sol [...]
Job Description Role Summary The Application Consultant resource is responsible to engage with domain experts, sales, specialty sellers and customers presale to lead delivery engagements and better [...]
Job Description Senior/ Lead Advanced Process Control Engineer Business Area: For over 25 years our team has used our software products and engineering procedures to create advanced analytics a [...]