Australian Trade Commission
- Classification: SES Band 1
- Employment Type: Higher Duties or Temporary Transfer (s26) for 12 months
- Salary: $167,810 comprehensive executive remuneration package plus 15.4% superannuation
We are looking to fill several Branch Head roles including in Austrade’s Government Division and in our Visitor Economy Branches. Leading a Branch, Branch Heads are variously responsible for:
• Shaping and implementing Austrade’s strategic contribution to the Government’s international trade, investment and visitor economy policy settings and priorities, including through Budget, MYEFO and other cabinet and policy processes
• Monitoring and responding to international trade,
investment and visitor economy policy issues and developments nationally and internationally, and enabling a rapid agency-wide response to emerging issues
• Collaborating across Austrade, government and with business to actively identify opportunities and improve Australia’s international capability through informing policy outcomes
• Managing Austrade's relationship with the Minister for Trade, Tourism and Investment, the Minister’s office, other Parliamentary offices, and the Parliament
• Managing processes for Ministerial briefing and correspondence, Cabinet, question time briefing, Senate Estimates and the preparation of responses to questions on notice
• Managing Austrade’s media team
• Engaging with relevant Commonwealth and State agencies on key economic and security policy issues
• Leading and developing a high-performing Branch, including developing the capability, skills and ways of working to meet emerging government priorities.
Positions may be filled via higher duties; temporary transfer at level; or temporary transfer with higher duties for high performing Executive Level 2’s within the Australian Public Service for an initial period of 12 months.
**Please note that these opportunities are only available to ongoing APS employees and employees engaged under the Parliamentary Services Act 1999**
What we need from you
Supporting your resume, tell us in less than 400 words why you are the right person, what you can offer, and how your skills, knowledge, experience and qualification are relevant to this role.
Please attach a concise resume to your application which clearly outlines your work experience, educational qualifications and relevant skills.
In the application form you will need to provide the details of two referees who can attest and validate your credentials and suitability for the role.
After reading this Information Pack should you require additional information you are encouraged to contact Christie Sawczuk on +61 435 183 368 or Lynne Ashpole on +61 0438 333 814.
Application closing date
Impress this employer describing Your skills and abilities, fill out the form below and leave Your personal touch in the presentation letter.
The I-MED Radiology Network is Australia’s largest medical imaging network of practices, providing a comprehensive range of services in all major metropolitan areas and significant parts of rural an [...]
With an exceptional reputation for delivery for our clients, we recognise that long-term meaningful relationships are fundamental to our success. At SCEE, we employ a proven integrated approach that [...]
Led by Swinburne University of Technology, working in partnership with CSIRO and Germany’s ARENA 2036, the Victorian Hydrogen Hub (VH2) will bring together researchers, industry partners and busines [...]
Parliament of SA Job reference: 442172 Location: 5000 - ADELAIDE Job status: Short Term Contract Eligibility: Open to Everyone The South Australian Parliament legislates for the peace, ord [...]