University of Melbourne
Establish, nurture and secure tenant-partners for Melbourne Connect, and ensure strong collaborative outcomes are achieved within the precinct and across the University
About Research, Innovation and Commercialisation at The University of Melbourne
RIC is a specialist team dedicated to enabling the University's research and enterprise mission working closely with our academics, professional colleagues, industry partners, funding agencies and government agencies. We have a passion to see our academics and their collaboration partners succeed, achieve research excellence and translate their discoveries into real-world innovation and impact. RIC operates University-wide across all ten Faculties and Chancellery.
The Research and Enterprise Development (R&ED;) portfolio within RIC supports the successful delivery of large, mission-focused complex, non-competitive and competitive grant schemes and major opportunities, as well as interdisciplinary, research and enterprise initiatives involving multiple parties, e.g. industry, granting bodies, advocacy groups and government.
About the role
As Business Development Manager – Melbourne Connect, you will work with the Director – Innovation Precincts to establish, nurture and secure tenant-partners for Melbourne Connect, and ensure strong collaborative outcomes are achieved within the precinct and across the wider University. You will be the Key Account Manager for up to 50% of the total 15 commercial tenants located in Melbourne Connect, and responsible for ensuring that a Melbourne Connect Partnership Canvas and associated workplan is agreed with each tenant.
You will further be responsible for establishing effective working relationships with academic and professional staff across all divisions of the University, identifying and evaluating new opportunities, scoping projects and services and managing selected transactions and agreements in line with the strategies and goals of Melbourne Connect.
You will have excellent interpersonal and communication skills allowing you to represent the University to external stakeholders and lead, direct and influence others. You will further have strong project management skills that enable you to meet competing deadlines without compromising attention to detail.
You will further have:
- Relevant tertiary qualifications and demonstrated experience and expertise in the development and delivery of commercial services within a complex organisation, preferably within a STEM-M context, and commercial leasing and/or commercial education and training services background, or an equivalent combination of relevant experience and education/training.
- A high level of knowledge and experience with digital technologies, their application, and commercialisation approaches and pathways. Knowledge and experience with company formation and early enterprise development, also with skills development and student industry experience and graduate employment programs.
- Substantial experience in leading and holding financial accountability for business development activities; and commercial leasing or property development and/or commercial educational/training experience.
- Experience, understanding and effectiveness at working in the interface between academia, business/corporate and government and related sectors
- Maximise your benefits through our Salary Packaging scheme
- Flexible family friendly policies, providing generous leave and working conditions
- The opportunity to work in a culturally rich environment
- A substantial discount to eligible staff and their immediate families in undertaking further studies at the University of Melbourne
To find out more, go to
The University is a vibrant campus. We have well-established clubs and networks giving the opportunity to engage and collaborate with other staff around the University. We strive to create an environment where staff and students promote culturally inclusive behaviour and activities, ensure cultural differences are heard and explored, and actively seek to learn from other cultures.
Impress this employer describing Your skills and abilities, fill out the form below and leave Your personal touch in the presentation letter.
Come join a company that tackles fascinating problems and find solutions to complex challenges. With deep expertise in influenza science, our team works on cutting-edge research, pioneering technologi [...]
An exciting opportunity is now available for an experienced and passionate DC Afternoon Shift Team Leader to join T2 at our DC in Laverton. At T2 we are all about the love of tea and delivering an e [...]
At T2 we are all about the love of tea and delivering an exceptional customer experience. We encourage our customers to experience the world of T2, through tasting, exploring and discovering the art o [...]
At T2 we are all about the love of tea and delivering an exceptional customer experience. T2 offers one of the largest range of specialty teas from around the world. We encourage our customers to expe [...]