La Trobe University
Play a key role in analyzing, advising and making recommendations on strategic business needs and issues.
- Full time, 1 year Fixed-term role
- Based at the Melbourne (Bundoora) campus
- HEO8- ($96,022 - $109,805 plus superannuation)
The Projects and Business Transformation Office, residing within Information Services, supports and enables the delivery of business change initiatives and projects that form a critical part of the La Trobe University strategy. The office provides frameworks, processes,
governance and resources for the successful delivery of projects and change; and provides visibility and requisite reporting to the Information Services and University Senior Management of the project activity governed within the Projects and Business Transformation Office.
About the role
In this role, the successful candidate will be responsible for but not limited to:
- Analyse strategic business needs and issues, recommending business priorities, and advising on options, risks, and costs versus benefits.
- Accurately assess gaps, research solution options and lead solution design.
- Develop detailed business requirements, user stories, acceptance criteria, business functional specifications, project plans, solution designs and other relevant documentation.
- Coordinate stakeholder consultation across the University to establish business requirements and ensure the acceptance and delivery of new business processes.
- Manage the production of documentation to provide support for system users across the University to assist with user readiness and implementation.
Skills & Experience
In this role, the preferred candidate will have:
- Demonstrated ability to identify and assess business requirements and undertake the analysis needed to design complete and effective solutions based on business needs.
- Advanced knowledge of and experience in the disciplines, principles and methodologies associated with the end to end software development lifecycle (SDLC) with particular emphasis on business analysis and change management initiatives.
- A degree with substantial extension of the theories and principles, learned through relevant work experience
How to Apply
Closing date: Sunday 6th June 2021 @ 11.55pm
Position Inquiries: Tejas Nagaonkar; Email
Position Description below:
Only candidates with full working rights in Australia may apply for this position.
Please submit an online application ONLY and include the following documents:
- Cover letter;
- An up to date resume; and
Please scroll down to apply.
La Trobe University is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
We encourage people with a disability, lived experience of disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait islanders and people from culturally diverse backgrounds to apply for this position
All La Trobe University employees are bound by the Working with Children Act 2005. If you are successful, you will be required to hold a valid Victorian Employee Working with Children Check prior to commencement.
For further enquiries on how to apply for this role, please contact Recruitment Partner Justin Bolton on +61 (03) 9479 1073
To apply and to view position description please visit and search for job number 561250 under current vacancies.
Impress this employer describing Your skills and abilities, fill out the form below and leave Your personal touch in the presentation letter.
We’re inventing the future, right here, right now, at Thales. We design the critical security solutions of tomorrow by combining the curiosity to explore, the intelligence to question and the vision [...]
Date: 25-May-2021 Location: WAURN PONDS, GEELONG, VIC, AU, 3216 Company: Goodstart Early Learning Teacher – Goodstart Waurn Ponds Goodstart is Australia’s largest early learning pr [...]
Date: 24-May-2021 Location: GLENORCHY, HOBART, TAS, AU, 7010 Company: Goodstart Early Learning EChO Teacher – Goodstart Glenorchy Goodstart is Australia’s largest early learning pr [...]
Swinburne is embarking on an exciting journey, working towards our new vision of bringing people and technology together to build a better world. The person we’re seeking is an experienced travel or [...]