University of Melbourne
A great opportunity to join the Office of the Dean team in an exciting administrative and receptionist role.
About the role:
The Office of the Dean, Faculty Medicine, Dentistry and Health Sciences are searching for a dedicated Administrative officer / Receptionist to handle client facing duties as well as general office management tasks. Located at the front of the Office of the Dean, the position is the first point of contact for all visitors to the Dean and Executive staff and plays an integral part in the administration support team, supporting the Deanery and COO, front office and in-house activities
Reporting to the Associate Director – Deanery Operations,
the Administration Officer / Receptionist will be responsible for contributing to the day to day running of the office including provision of front-line face to face services, project admin support, back up admin support to complement the Executive Assistant team as well as a range of general administrative duties. The incumbent is expected to exercise a high level of confidentiality and discretion.
The Receptionist / Administrator will have excellent communication skills and provide clear, accurate information and advice to staff and visitors with enquiries.
Portfolio responsibility includes The Dean, Deputy Dean, Chief Operating Officer (COO), Associate Dean (Research), Associate Dean (Teaching & Learning) and part time Associate Deans in the Faculty of Medicine, Dentistry and Health Sciences. The new Deanery Administration function has a focus on teamwork and continuous improvement.
When visitors and University staff walk in, we want them to find a friendly, smiling face and a helping hand. The ideal candidate has excellent communication, prioritisation and time management skills with a positive attitude a strong work ethic and attention to detail.
We invest in developing the careers and wellbeing of our students and staff and expect all to live our Faculty Values of:
- Completion of a diploma qualification and at least 2 years’ subsequent relevant work experience or an equivalent combination of relevant experience and/or education and training.
- Strong organisation skills and demonstrated ability to multi-task work
- Experience in liaising with senior executives and professionals, including handling confidential information, and knowing when to escalate appropriately.
- Ability to identify and search for appropriate solutions to issues and problems
- Operate with a high level of professional discretion, with the ability to handle confidential and sensitive information with discretion and confidentiality at all times.
- Well-developed verbal and written communication skills with the ability to relate effectively with a range of people across all levels of the organisation.
- Demonstrated use of initiative and responsiveness in managing tasks and ensuring organisational objectives are achieved within stringent timeframes.
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively with a flexible attitude to work in a multidisciplinary team environment.
- Demonstrated ability to perform a range of computing tasks including maintaining client management systems, electronic diary management, spreadsheets, database management, internet and email
- Demonstrated problem solving skills and a proactive approach to identifying and resolving issues using sound judgement.
- Experience working in a complex work environment with many stakeholders.
- High-level computer literacy skills in Microsoft Office as well as the ability to acquire skills in the use of new software packages.
- Exceptional customer service skills and professional phone manner
- Positive attitude and strong work ethic
- Excellent time management skills and a high degree of flexibility.
- Ability to work efficiently and effectively with a high degree of attention to detail.
Impress this employer describing Your skills and abilities, fill out the form below and leave Your personal touch in the presentation letter.
Date: 18-Jun-2021 Location: 50 Flemington Rd, AU Company: theroyalch Allied Health Assistant - Full-time (1.0 FTE) and part-time (0.4 FTE) positions available - Ongoing roles within the Phy [...]
Date: 18-Jun-2021 Location: 50 Flemington Rd, AU Company: theroyalch Administration Officer - Part time, fixed term position - Fabulous staff benefits - Parkville location The Hospital: [...]
Job no: 0015542 Work type: Continuing Location: Parkville Division/Faculty: Chancellery Department/School: Advancement Salary: $135,003 (UOM 10) Role & Superannuation rate: Professional - Full t [...]
Job Description Location: Melbourne Job type: Not provided Organisation: Peter MacCallum Cancer Centre Salary: Salary not specified Occupation: Medical Reference: 20117 Unaccredited ENT Regi [...]