University of Melbourne
Play an important role in the delivery of a philanthropic fundraising development program for the University
The Advancement Office aims to facilitate the establishment and maintenance of mutually beneficial relationships between the University and its alumni, friends and benefactors. It is responsible for the management of programs relating to alumni and benefactors, and provides services to and works collaboratively with faculties and other central administration areas.
University of Melbourne Advancement (UoMA) is responsible for the coordination and delivery of Believe: The Campaign for the University of Melbourne,
About the role
As the Development Manager in the University of Melbourne Advancement office (UoMA), you will play an important role in the delivery of an integrated development (philanthropic fundraising) program for the University. You will build and manage relationships with current and prospective donors to meet a number of annual performance targets such as meetings with prospective donors, ‘asks’ made and income raised.
You will have the ability to work both independently and collaboratively within a complex environment, demonstrating a strong affinity for fundraising and with higher education, together with the ability to promote the University’s mission both externally and internally. Your high-level listening skills, relationship development and interpersonal skills, volunteer and staff management skills, tenacity, resilience and creativity are all critical to the effectiveness of this role.
You will further have:
- An appropriate tertiary qualification at the postgraduate level with relevant experience in a role with a significant fundraising component; and/or an equivalent combination of relevant experience and/or education/training
- Experience of major gift fundraising – or the equivalent in sales/business development roles
- Demonstrable record as an effective manager and team member with able to operate in a large, complex organisation and to share information in a collegial manner
- A creative and tenacious self-starter, with a collaborative and resilient nature who possesses strong emotional intelligence
- Maximise your benefits through our Salary Packaging scheme
- Flexible family friendly policies, providing generous leave and working conditions
- The opportunity to work in a culturally rich environment
- A substantial discount to eligible staff and their immediate families in undertaking further studies at the University of Melbourne
To find out more, go to
The University is a vibrant campus. We have well-established clubs and networks giving the opportunity to engage and collaborate with other staff around the University. We strive to create an environment where staff and students promote culturally inclusive behaviour and activities, ensure cultural differences are heard and explored, and actively seek to learn from other cultures.
Impress this employer describing Your skills and abilities, fill out the form below and leave Your personal touch in the presentation letter.
- Iconic location – Melbourne Zoo! - Great team, great support - Meet our team – furry animals included! Restaurant Associates has an enviable track record, working with some of the most pres [...]
Come join a company that tackles fascinating problems and find solutions to complex challenges. With deep expertise in influenza science, our team works on cutting-edge research, pioneering technologi [...]
At T2 we are all about the love of tea and delivering an exceptional customer experience. T2 offers one of the largest ranges of specialty teas from around the world. We encourage our customers to exp [...]
An exciting & rare opportunity has arisen for experienced and passionate Despatch Team members to join T2 on Day Shift at our Distribution Cente. At T2 we are all about the love of tea and delivering [...]