La Trobe University
This position will work very closely with the PBTO Leadership team, IS Directors, Program Directors and Project Managers
- Full time, Fixed-term 12 months
- Role based at the Melbourne (Bundoora) campus
- $85,724.00 - $94,302.00 per annum plus up to 17% superannuation *
About the role
We currently have a vacancy for a Portfolio Officer in the Projects and Business Transformation Office.
The Projects and Business Transformation Office supports and enables the delivery of business change initiatives, programs and projects that form a critical part of the La Trobe University and Digital Strategies. The office provides frameworks, processes, governance and resources for the successful delivery of programs,
projects and change; and provides visibility and requisite reporting to the Information Services, Senior Executive Group and University senior management of the program and project activity governed within the Projects and Business Transformation Office. The Portfolio Management team administers the portfolio of projects within the IS capital budget and Senior Executive Group (SEG) sponsored initiatives. It provides support and facilitation of all projects through the required governance.
In this role, the successful candidate will be responsible for but not limited to:
- Provision of support to Project Managers/Senior Project Managers/Senior stakeholders on project management methodologies, procedures and project tools
- Monitor and assess risks and take appropriate measures for avoidance
- Provision of administration support in the Finance (financial management, project accounting and procurement), HR, IT, University operations and general project administration
- Contribution to project management and administration procedures and processes; and proactively identifying process improvement opportunities
- Co-ordination and quality assurance of project information for project and portfolio reporting
- Co-ordination and support of change and communications for key initiatives and PBTO
- Ensure appropriate document management and reporting requirements
- Undertake other general duties as directed by the Portfolio Manager, that are commensurate with the level of the role.
Skills & Experience
In this role, the preferred candidate will have:
- Ability to develop innovative methodologies or take a leading role in the application of proven techniques involving considerable theoretical and technical sophistication.
- Experience with Microsoft Project software and other PPM tools.
- A degree in a related discipline to the position with subsequent relevant work experience; or work experience and domain expertise; or an equivalent alternate combination of relevant knowledge, training and/or experience.
- Proven ability to apply theoretical knowledge or expertise to bring together diverse (and sometimes conflicting) information to solve problems.
- Demonstrated organisation, problem solving and negotiation skills, with an ability to coordinate several different streams of work concurrently and take a proactive role in applying proven techniques to solve problems affecting the division and more broadly the University.
- Demonstrated high level of self-motivation and personal management skills.
- Excellent written and oral communication and interpersonal skills, especially the capacity to work collaboratively and cooperatively in small teams and ability to develop excellent working relationships with colleagues, students and other stakeholders.
Please click on this link for a full list of Benefits
How to Apply
Closing date: 11.55pm Wednesday 19th May 2021 AEST
Position Enquiries: Sofie Conic, Portfolio Manager | Email:
Position Description below:
Only candidates with full working rights in Australia may apply for this position.
Please submit an online application ONLY and include the following documents:
- Cover letter;
- An up to date resume; and
- A separate document addressing each essential and desirable bullet point in the Key Selection Criteria which is located in the position description.
Please scroll down to apply.
La Trobe University is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
We encourage people with a disability, lived experience of disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait islanders and people from culturally diverse backgrounds to apply for this position
All La Trobe University employees are bound by the Working with Children Act 2005. If you are successful, you will be required to hold a valid Victorian Employee Working with Children Check prior to commencement .
For further enquiries on how to apply for this role, please contact Recruitment Partner Justin Bolton on +61 (03) 9479 1073
To apply and to view position description please visit and search for job number 561121 under current vacancies.
About La Trobe
La Trobe University’s success is driven by people who are committed to making a difference. They are creative and highly motivated, pursue new ideas and create knowledge. La Trobe is one of Australia’s research leaders, and the largest provider of higher education to regional Victoria. La Trobe University turned 50 in 2017, and over the half century of its existence it has established a reputation as an innovative and accessible university, willing to take risks and take on challenges. Our teaching and research address some of the most significant issues of our time and we’re passionate about driving change through operational excellence to benefit the communities we serve.
* La Trobe University currently has a job protection framework in place whereby there is a salary reduction in place from the Collective Agreement. The amount shown in accurate as at the advertised date and will be subject for review at 30th June 2021
Impress this employer describing Your skills and abilities, fill out the form below and leave Your personal touch in the presentation letter.
Job posted: 10/06/2021 The Department of Health plays a critical role in the Victorian health system and is responsible for shaping it to meet the health needs of Victorians into the future. We also [...]
Because we value your privacy, we ask for your permission to use this info in capacities such as: Function, Store and/or access information on a device, Precise geolocation data, and identification th [...]
Job posted: 31/05/2021 Job type: Full time / until 30 June 2022 Organisation: Department of Environment, Land, Water and Planning Occupation: Projects Reference: VG/50939941 • Opportunity to wo [...]
The Role We are currently seeking a Dispute Resolution Officer to join our office located in Melbourne's CBD. This is a full time, maternity leave contract position working in the Dispute Resolution [...]