La Trobe University
Use your web expertise to play a key role in coordinating, evolving and managing microsites across La Trobe’s public website.
• Full-time, Continuing role
• Located at Melbourne Campus (Bundoora)
• $73,199 per annum + up to 17% superannuation *
The Website Producer role sits within the Digital Marketing and Customer Engagement unit (Web Operations Team), which is part of the Marketing and Recruitment Division. The Marketing and Recruitment Division plays a key role in the development of customer growth and stakeholder engagement strategies across all available markets and channels including domestic, regional, international markets and online.
The Digital Marketing and Customer Engagement team are collectively responsible for digital marketing, digital innovation and user/audience experience, web operations and projects.
This role plays a key role in coordinating, building and maintaining high quality, user-focused microsites that make up La Trobe University’s public website. Working across the organisation, you will support the delivery of customer focused microsites that underpin La Trobe’s student recruitment, reputation and strategic activities.
About the role
In this role, the successful candidate will be responsible for but not limited to:
- Plan, implement and administer quality pages and microsites across the University’s public website using the Content Management System and digital publishing software and tools (e.g. Adobe Creative Cloud, Siteimprove, GatherContent).
- Produce content designs, page layouts, wireframes, and sitemaps for microsites that meet business objectives and user needs. Create optimal experiences for users based on results from user research, data or workflow analysis.
- Execute quality web service, including:
- generate solutions and resolve content related technical issues in partnership with relevant teams.
- identify and solve web publishing problems, documenting and communicating solutions.
- complete routine second-level change requests / updates (e.g. online forms, re-directs, information architecture changes) to customer-facing microsites.
- Collaborate with teams to refine, test and advocate for agile/lean processes and procedures to improve service outcomes and website performance.
- Apply knowledge of web best practice, optimal website structure and content presentation to meet customer needs and achieve strategic goals, including implement the University’s web policies and relevant state and federal legislation (e.g. information privacy, accessibility (WCAG 2.1). Provide advice in these areas to University stakeholders.
Skills & Experience
In this role, the preferred candidate will have:
- Degree in digital media communications or related field and / or relevant equivalent experience (ie 2+ years) in a similar role
- Proven experience in designing solutions to complex content problems and delivering relevant, accurate digital specifications such as wireframes, site maps and content design.
- Demonstrated experience using enterprise Content Management Systems (e.g. Squiz Matrix or equivalent) to administer high-quality, large microsites, along with digital tools and software (Adobe Creative Cloud, Siteimprove, GatherContent).
- Proven experience project managing small to medium sized web projects or operational tasks (e.g. creation/redevelopment of microsites, content improvement) from planning to delivery.
Please click on this link for a full list of Benefits
How to Apply
Closing date: 11.55pm Friday 18th June 2021
Position Enquiries: Carolyn Harris, Manager, Web Operations, Digital Marketing and Customer Engagement | Email:
Position Description below:
Only candidates with full working rights in Australia may apply for this position.
Please submit an online application ONLY and include the following documents:
- Cover letter;
- An up to date resume; and
- A separate document addressing each essential and desirable bullet point in the Key Selection Criteria which is located in the position description.
Please scroll down to apply.
La Trobe University is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
We encourage people with a disability, lived experience of disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait islanders and people from culturally diverse backgrounds to apply for this position
All La Trobe University employees are bound by the Working with Children Act 2005. If you are successful, you will be required to hold a valid Victorian Employee Working with Children Check prior to commencement .
For further enquiries on how to apply for this role, please contact Recruitment Partner Justin Bolton on +61 (03) 9479 1073
To apply and to view position description please visit and search for job number 561210 under current vacancies.
About La Trobe
La Trobe University’s success is driven by people who are committed to making a difference. They are creative and highly motivated, pursue new ideas and create knowledge. La Trobe is one of Australia’s research leaders, and the largest provider of higher education to regional Victoria. La Trobe University turned 50 in 2017, and over the half century of its existence it has established a reputation as an innovative and accessible university, willing to take risks and take on challenges. Our teaching and research address some of the most significant issues of our time and we’re passionate about driving change through operational excellence to benefit the communities we serve.
* La Trobe University currently has a job protection framework in place whereby there is a salary reduction in place from the Collective Agreement. The amount shown in accurate as at the advertised date and will be subject for review at 30th June 2021
Impress this employer describing Your skills and abilities, fill out the form below and leave Your personal touch in the presentation letter.
ABOUT US: Kilcoy Global Foods is a nature-to-plate company with a footprint spanning Australia, the United States and China. We partner with the world’s food industry to find new and better ways to [...]
At First Quantum, we free the talent of our people by taking a very different approach which is underpinned by a very different, very definite culture – the “First Quantum Way”. Working with u [...]
Job Description: We are a world leading Health & Care organisation with over 22,000 people in Australia and New Zealand, and our purpose is to help people live longer, healthier, and happier lives. [...]
Job Description: We are a world leading Health & Care organisation with over 22,000 people in Australia and New Zealand, and our purpose is to help people live longer, healthier, and happier lives. I [...]