- Opportunity to work for a global consultancy firm to deliver projects across the buildings design / infrastructure sectors
- Work within a supportive team of experienced industry leaders and professionals
- Flexible work environment
What will you be doing?
To service our constantly growing pipeline of new-build and remedial projects across our Property sector, we are looking for an experienced Facade Engineer to join our team in Melbourne.
Your role will include:
- Performing required activities associated with projects (investigation, analysis and design) in line with client and Arcadis specifications, national standards and codes of practice;
- Maintaining ongoing communication with relevant Project Managers/Team Leaders and clients when required, to ensure effective communications on matters relevant to the project;
- Contributing to the resolution of technical issues on projects and providing technical guidance to other team members;
- Working in collaboration with other design disciplines to ensure the integrity of the overall design; and
- Promoting and marketing all facets of Arcadis’s services during interfaces with clients and other sectors/disciplines.
Who are we looking for?
You will come to us with:
- 5+ years’ experience designing high rise façade systems to Australian (preferable), US, and UK standards. Experience in façade engineering within the Australian context highly desirable;
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office software. Analysis experience using Strand7 strongly preferred;
- Relevant tertiary qualification in civil/structural engineering;
- Broad experience in typical façade procurement approaches in Australia and with design and documentation to suit the procurement approaches;
- Experience with: structural aspects of façade design; material selection; durability; and weather-proofing design philosophy;
- Experience in the assessment of the condition of buildings and structures generally but with particular emphasis on facades; and
- Excellent communication and stakeholder management skills, including report preparation.
Who are we?
For over 75 years Arcadis Australia Pacific has been a leader in built and natural asset design and management and we strive to create smart, sustainable solutions for our valued clients. To achieve this, we collaborate with the 28,000 Arcadians in over 350 offices around the globe on world-changing projects.
How are we different from others?
It is through our talented and passionate people and the unique combination of global knowledge and local expertise which enables us to shape Australia’s future. We are proud to work on iconic projects that improve quality of life not just in Australia but around the world. Our culture puts people first, where everyone has the opportunity to own their career and transform their world.
Why work for us?
You will experience more than a career – you will be working on industry-defining projects that will give you growth opportunities. The ability to work in an agile way means you can transform your world. And more broadly, the work that you do will benefit wider society.
As an equal opportunity employer, we value and promote diversity at Arcadis and strongly encourage applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people.
- 2020 WGEA Equal Opportunity Employer of Choice for Gender Equality
- 2020 Flex Able Certified employer
- 2018 Great Place to Work Flex Able certified employer
Impress this employer describing Your skills and abilities, fill out the form below and leave Your personal touch in the presentation letter.
Have you ever walked into a shopping centre and just enjoyed being there? You don’t know why, or what makes it different – you just know you’d like to work, shop or visit there more? Well, we’ [...]
Led by Swinburne University of Technology, working in partnership with CSIRO and Germany’s ARENA 2036, the Victorian Hydrogen Hub (VH2) will bring together researchers, industry partners and busines [...]
We are a boutique dental practice located in Bentleigh East approximately 30mins from Melbourne. We practice all aspects of dentistry including dental implants, orthodontics and cosmetic work. Our tea [...]
- Residential builder - MD projects - $75,000 to $100,000 - AutoCAD environment Our client is well-known for their quality builds. Due to continued growth, they are seeking an experienced AutoCA [...]