Fortescue Metals Group
Fortescue is now consistently producing 175-180 million tonnes of iron ore per year and has an exciting future ahead, establishing itself for future growth in a global market through innovation, product diversification and asset development.
Senior Mining Engineer – Weekly Planning
Work Location: Eliwana
Roster: FIFO Ex Perth 4D:3R
We are currently seeking a highly motivated Senior Mining Engineer to join our Eliwana Operations team.
Key accountabilities will include:
- Supervision of weekly Planning Engineers on day-to-day basis to ensure timely delivery of the weekly mine plan and all associated deliverables to achieve the product grades and mining targets set in the monthly plan.
- Supervision of Design Engineers to ensure timely provision of approved designs to support the mining schedule.
- Ensuring designs and schedules are compliant to site regulatory approval requirements including Heritage sites management and deleterious waste management.
- Monitoring the implementation of the weekly plan and taking corrective action where required.
- Providing input to the monthly plan.
- Ensuring required standards and compliance measures are maintained and followed.
- Providing leadership and mentorship to team members.
- Supporting mining operations to ensure safe and productive operations
Qualifications and skills required:
- Bachelor’s degree in mining engineering or equivalent.
- Extensive experience in mine engineering in large-scale, open pit mining operations, preferably in iron ore, with a focus on short-term scheduling and/ or drill and blast engineering.
- Previous experience in technical leadership roles highly desirable.
- Strong scheduling software skills, experience with Alastri software highly desirable.
- Excellent communication skills, with the ability to convey technical detail to a variety of stakeholders, including senior leadership.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills with strong attention to detail.
- Team oriented with the strong ability to take initiative.
- Current WA C-Class driving licence.
Our values drive our culture and performance through a strong focus on safety, family and determination. We celebrate and respect people’s differences and commit to providing an inclusive work environment. This is an exciting time to join Fortescue.
We encourage Aboriginal Australians and female candidates to apply.
Fortescue reserves the right to close applications early should a suitable pool of candidates be identified
Impress this employer describing Your skills and abilities, fill out the form below and leave Your personal touch in the presentation letter.
Northern Star Resources Ltd is seeking an experienced and dynamic Blasting Supervisor to join the Mining Open Pits Department at the Fimiston Superpit operation. Reporting to the Drill and Blast Co [...]
The Hays Trades and Labour Team are seeking experienced Formwork Carpenters with recent commercial construction experience for work in Perth's CBD. Your new company For over 25 years our client [...]
Job no: 493381 Work type: Full time Location: WA Categories: Manufacturing, Transport & Logistics, Mining, Resources & Energy About us Qube Bulk division provides complete mine to market an [...]
About BHP At BHP we support our people to grow, learn, develop their skills and reach their potential. With a global portfolio of operations, we offer a diverse and inclusive environment with extraor [...]