Fortescue Metals Group
Fortescue is now consistently producing 175-180 million tonnes of iron ore per year and has an exciting future ahead, establishing itself for future growth in a global market through innovation, product diversification and asset development.
Work Location: Eliwana
Roster: FIFO Ex Perth 8:6 Days only
We are currently seeking a highly motivated Drill and Blast Engineer to join our Eliwana operations. Reporting to the Senior Drill and Blast Engineer, this role is responsible for conducting drill and blast design, scheduling activities and continuous improvement projects. Ensuring mining operations are supported in maintaining sufficient blasted stock in line with the mine plan requirements and blast performance expectations.
Key accountabilities will include:
- Conduct drill and blast design and scheduling activities that provide sufficient quantity and quality of drilled and blasted stock for mining and processing.
- Oversee the creation, implementation, monitoring and evaluation of the technical drill and blast designs and associated processes to ensure key outcomes are met.
- Display safe behaviours and safety leadership. Maintaining Fortescue drill and blast engineering standards and complying with HSE requirements.
- Provide inputs for all planning horizons (2-week to 2-year).
- Coordinating with all stake holders including geology, weekly planning, drill and blast operations, production and mine development teams.
- Maintaining key stakeholder relationships.
- Ensure compliance to the FMG standards and statutory obligations.
Qualifications and skills required:
- Bachelor’s degree in mine engineering or equivalent.
- Approx. 2 years’ experience in open pit mining with at least 12 months Drill and Blast (engineering or operations) experience.
- Experience in vibration sensitive blasting is desirable.
- Drill & blast software exposure (Vulcan & Blast Logic preferred).
- Experience in drill and blast optimisation/improvement projects.
- Analytical and problem-solving skills with strong attention to detail.
- Current WA C-Class driving license.
- Must be eligible to work in Australia
- Class C manual WA driver’s license.
Our values drive our culture and performance through a strong focus on safety, family and determination. We celebrate and respect people’s differences and commit to providing an inclusive work environment. This is an exciting time to join Fortescue.
We encourage Aboriginal Australians and female candidates to apply.
Impress this employer describing Your skills and abilities, fill out the form below and leave Your personal touch in the presentation letter.
Job description: First Quantum Minerals is one of the world's biggest mining companies, employing over 20,000 people. Ravensthorpe Nickel Operation is our flagship operation in Australia. Located on [...]
Job description: First Quantum Minerals is one of the world’s biggest mining companies, employing over 20,000 people. Ravensthorpe Nickel Operation is our flagship operation in Australia. Located [...]
SRG Global has secured a five year contract with Northern Star for their Thunderbox project in the Goldfields region of WA and invested heavily in new equipment and new workshop establishment. SRG Glo [...]
About the role All progress begins with pioneers. At Rio Tinto, it begins with you. We are currently looking for a Engineer Dewatering to effectively work alongside an existing dynamic team who ma [...]