- Join ASX 100 finance leader!
- Brisbane based role – Gasworks Newstead Office
- Suits an experienced Financial Crimes Officer who is looking to grow and develop their career with a Bold Challenger Bank!
- 5 month maximum term opportunity!
As one of our Financial Crime Operations Officers your primary purpose is to minimise BoQ’s non-lending losses whilst reducing the Bank’s exposure to financial crimes by providing a professional monitoring, detection, prevention, and recovery service for the BoQ Group while partnering with both internal stakeholders and external law enforcement agencies, vendors and other financial institutions financial crimes teams.
- Monitor the Bank’s fraud detection systems to identify and investigate potential fraud
- Ensure fraud loss is minimised, or prevented where possible, by taking prompt and appropriate action, as determined by the individual case
- Identify the perpetrator or the party responsibility for the loss and implement the most appropriate course of action for the recovery of financial crimes losses
- Identify the relevant external authorities for referrals or reporting and liaise with police or other government agencies where necessary
- Liaise with customers, addressing all issues, with the view of protecting the Bank’s interests and meeting the customer’s needs
- Keep customers informed of progress throughout each case.
- Maintain accurate, comprehensive and timely records of all activities in line with Bank and regulatory expectations
- Provide accurate metrics as required for management and external reporting.
- Collating documents and briefs which have been requested under warrant, court order etc in an accurate and timely manner, ensuring appropriate stakeholders have been consulted where required
- Maintaining files, ensuring accurate and current records kept at all times
- Performing data entry to assist with the bank’s financial crimes prevention initiatives.
- Assist with the creation of a financial crimes awareness culture across the Bank
- Assist the Financial Crimes Operations Manager undertake projects or other tasks as required in a timely and efficient manner.
To be successful in this role you will demonstrate the following skills:
- Previous experience in a fraud or investigations role
- Strong time management skills with the ability to meet deadlines and achieve objectives
- Understanding of the banking codes of practice and other relevant legislation including AML/CTF Act, Privacy Act and Criminal Code
- Sound knowledge of bank products, processes and procedures, including both front and back officer operations
- Well-developed communication and interpersonal skills
- Problem solving skills and the apply sound judgement
- Ability to contribute as a team member and work collaboratively with others
- Ability to work autonomously
- Ability to liaise with and forge strong working relationships with internal and external stakeholders
- Analytical skills and attention to detail
- Report writing skills
BOQ is passionate about providing opportunities for you to develop your career as we continuously adapt and deliver in a transformational and collaborative environment with a strong focus on community where we support a flexible workplace and we are committed to an inclusive and diverse culture where differences are embraced!
- Flexible working arrangements
- Discounted financial products
- Salary sacrificing options
- Paid parental leave
- Paid volunteer days
- Purchase annual leave
- BUPA Corporate Plan
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Gym, shopping, technology and travel offers!
Impress this employer describing Your skills and abilities, fill out the form below and leave Your personal touch in the presentation letter.
Farm Systems & Modelling Scientist Apply Now Farm Systems and Modelling Scientist, Newstead - Hamilton First things first: at DairyNZ we're focussed on making our dairy farmers successful. But it' [...]
Kindness l Care l Respect We are seeking a highly motivated Food and Beverage Attendant to join the team at our Aveo Newstead Community. You will enjoy working in a fast-paced environment to prepa [...]
Company description We are the new Greek on the block. You may have heard of us through Must Do Brisbane https://www.mustdobrisbane.com/greek-newstead/santorini-restaurant-grill-bar-newstead Job des [...]
Join ASX finance leader! Brisbane based role ? Gasworks Newstead Office - 6 month maximum term opportunity An exciting opportunity for an analytical individual with prior underst of the AML/CTF Act [...]