First Quantum Minerals
First Quantum Minerals:
FQM has seven operating mines across the world, and we have a track record of providing opportunities to those that have proven themselves high achievers within the company. This opportunity could be your gateway to being recognised as a subject matter expert with an international breadth and scope.
Working for us at RNO will enable career development, whilst being exposed to one of the worlds' most complex mineral processing facilities. It is also in one of the world’s most beautiful areas, with the Fitzgerald River National Park, 12 Mile Beach and the picturesque historic town of Hopetoun in close proximity to the mine site.
This position is offered on a family friendly 8:6 roster.
FIFO, BIBO or DIDO options available
Ravensthorpe Nickel Operation:
The project comprises five ore bodies, Halleys, Hale-Bopp, Shoemaker-Levy, Nindilbillup and Shoemaker-Levy North, with total proven and probable reserves of 197.2 million tonnes at a grade of 0.6% nickel and 0.03% cobalt. Total mine life expectation is over 30 years.
The ore is mined from open pit excavations using conventional Drill/Blast and Load/Haul operations
To ensure excellence and quality outcomes in the Mining Technical area by developing and implementing best practice methods for grade control and data management. It is envisaged that in part this is achieved by implementing continuous improvement practices, developing and empowering direct reports and developing protocols that manage operational risks
- Proactive safety leadership.
- Undertake the duties required of the position in a diligent and competent manner Contribute to annual work programmes and budgets.
- Assist with ensuring effective cost control practices are developed and implemented to ensure compliance to budgets.
- Assist with development, implementation and execution of geological drilling and sampling programmes for grade control, mineral resource extension and infill.
- Assist with the collection, dispatch, QAQC and reporting of sample and assay data; providing a strong contribution to timely, safe, secure and quality storage and delivery of data.
- Co-manage geological face and bench mapping programs including training and mentoring of mine geologists.
- Ensure the capture and processing of all drill and blast logging.
- Develop, enhance, and maintain 3D geological models and routines.
- Manage grade control and resource ore body modelling tasks at a superior level using standard mining industry software packages.
- Identify areas of risk within grade control models and develop management plans in conjunction with stakeholders.
- Assist the Geology Superintendent in all production geology and grade control tasks, in addition to the management of technicians and drill contractors.
- Undertake and promote efficient mining and ore blending practices focusing on dilution and loss minimisation.
- Develop and ensure capture of accurate production data that feeds into the reconciliation process.
- Ensure the accurate collection of production and reconciliation data, undertake regular data audits and promote across-discipline understanding of optimal mine to mill geological practices.
- Act as a frontline operational liaison with mine planning engineers, pit supervisors, metallurgists and other mining professionals as required, promoting inter-team communication.
- In the Geology Superintendent’s absence, act as 2IC.
Skills, Knowledge & Experience:
- Degree qualification in Geology
- Minimum of 10 years of experience working in metalliferous open-pit mines, with experience in nickel laterite operations highly regarded
- Background in mining operations, drilling and grade control.
- Proficiency in software packages such as Datamine Studio RM, Leapfrog, Snowden Supervisor, Microsoft, Datashed
First Quantum recruits, employs, trains, compensates and promotes regardless of race, religion, colour, national origin, sex, disability, age etc.
Impress this employer describing Your skills and abilities, fill out the form below and leave Your personal touch in the presentation letter.
Job description: First Quantum (Ravensthorpe Nickel Operation - RNO) is currently searching for experienced Mobile Plant Operators to join our team on a 6 month Limited term contract to assist with p [...]
- First Quantum (Ravensthorpe Nickel Operation - RNO) is currently searching for experienced Maintenance Technicians – Mechanical Fitters to join our team. The role is offered on a family friendly [...]
Job description: FQM has seven operating mines across the world, and we have a track record of providing opportunities to those that have proven themselves high achievers within the company. * Long [...]
Job description: First Quantum (Ravensthorpe Nickel Operation - RNO) is currently searching for experienced Technical Superintendent – Processing , to join our team. This role is offered as Monda [...]