About the role:
We are currently seeking a Development Electrical Engineer at our Metropolitan mine. Our Metropolitan mine is an underground coal mining operation located 30 kilometers north of Wollongong in Helensburgh, NSW producing metallurgical coking coal for export and domestic customers.
Reporting to the Electrical Engineering Manager, the scope of your role will be to supervise the installation, commissioning, maintenance and repair of electrical plant and installations in the Gate Road and Mains development areas of the mine.
Duties will include:
- Training and mentoring a team of Electrical Tradespersons
- Co-ordination of all electrical activities relating to gas drainage,
production and maintenance activities in process area
- High Voltage cables, plant and switchgear installation, commissioning and maintenance
- Low Voltage machinery and equipment installation, commissioning and maintenance
- Plant procurement, site acceptance, maintenance, overhaul and disposal
- Co-ordination of development specific plant overhauls and demobilisation
- Co-ordination of development section set up for first drivage
- Co-ordination of panel advance activities (including conveyor belt extensions)
- Co-ordination of communication equipment installation, commissioning, maintenance. This includes telephones, radio system, fibre optic cabling systems and cameras.
- Development, implementation and maintenance of a suitable skills matrix and corresponding training package for direct reports
- Assistance with incident investigation in process area as required
- Tasks outside of process area as required by business needs
This position is offered on a Monday to Friday roster but does require to be available outside standard hours for emergencies and breakdowns. In addition to 5 weeks annual leave, you will also be entitled to one rostered day off per month.
- Electrical trade plus Electrical Enginering Diploma or Degree
- HV switching competencies (essential)
- EEHA competencies (essential)
- 4 years’ experience working at an underground coal mine, either in a trade or engineering capacity, with at least 12 months specific to development
- SAP experience
- Previous experience or a desire to provide training and mentoring to a small team
Peabody was founded in 1883 and has grown to be a leading pure-play coal company serving power and steel customers in more than 25 countries on six continents. The company offers significant scale, high-quality assets, and diversity in geography and products.
Peabody employs over 4,000 people and have 18 operations in the United States and Australia. Our employees are guided by seven core values: safety, customer focus, leadership, people, excellence, integrity and sustainability.
Peabody Energy is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Peabody is a globally diverse company which offers an inclusive work environment to engage, recognise and develop employees. The company values the power of inclusion and diversity as a competitive advantage and is committed to increasing the number of diverse employees throughout its operations. We welcome applications from all diversity groups to assist us in honouring our commitment.
Impress this employer describing Your skills and abilities, fill out the form below and leave Your personal touch in the presentation letter.
Do you have a car, motorbike, scooter or bicycle? Then, you can start making money on the go with Uber Eats by bringing people the things they love. Uber Eats now welcomes the use of eligible overs [...]
About Stryker Stryker is one of the world’s leading medical technology companies and, together with our customers, is driven to make healthcare better. We offer innovative products and services in [...]
- Area Manager - Coastal NSW - Cluster Retail Managers, Sydney CBD & Coastal NSW - Shop Managers, Sydney CBD & Regional NSW Retail Area Manager - Multiply Sites Pre- Loved Clothing & Items, L [...]
Better event are looking for casual drivers and labourers to help ya with deliveries and set ups of marquees chairs tables and other equipment around Sydney Wollongong Newcastle and other areas Must [...]