This role is an exciting opportunity to be a critical part of the talent engine fueling a high growth organization that is radically changing the biotech industry.
Moderna is looking for a Director Finance, Australia. The ideal candidate works collaboratively in a fast-paced environment, while both navigating ambiguity, and driving results forward as we strive to achieve Moderna’s mission to deliver on the promise of mRNA science to create a new generation of transformative medicines for patients.
The successful candidate will report to the Head Finance International and to the General Manager in Australia and will play a critical role in building Moderna’s presence in Australia right from the start.
We work collaboratively as a team, we boldly strive for excellence, we are constantly curious and we are relentless in our pursuit of the balance between efficiency, effectiveness, and controls and compliance. We are committed to ongoing process improvements and to providing accurate, timely and insightful financial information to our senior management and internal stakeholders.
Here’s What You’ll Do:
- Build and roll-out robust finance processes in Moderna Australia
- Own the P&L;, Balance Sheet and Cash flow of the local unit and represent Moderna in Australia for all aspects of finance including accounting, tax and treasury
- Partner and work collaboratively as a trusted financial advisor with the country leadership team
- Establish and lead the annual and quarterly planning and monthly forecasting cycles
- Build and maintain the 5-year long-range plan model for Australia
- Build a performance management for Australia and lead the monthly analysis of actuals vs plan
- Pro-actively monitor risk and opportunities and recommend mitigation actions
- Present monthly actuals and forecasts to International leadership team and Moderna global management
- Ensure accurate accounting records, timely payment of vendors and timely collection of receivables with customers in close collaboration with the International accounting function and the Moderna International Business Services Center
- Ensure compliance with local statutory and tax filings in collaboration with outsource providers and the Moderna International Business Service Center
- Support local statutory audits and Moderna internal audits
- Implement procedures to ensure all finance related processes are executed in compliance with local and global standards
- Providing accurate estimates of accrual
- Maintain appropriate record keeping in line with global and local requirements
Financial Controls & Compliance:
- Implement the Moderna Financial controls framework including training, identification of control owners and operationalization of controls
- Monitor control performance KPIs and support regular testing of controls
- Implement remediation plans for control deficiencies
- Support the local SOX sign-off process
Financial Operations / Others:
- Collaborate with the digital team to establish finance system and processes in Australia
- Timely approval of purchase requisitions and invoices
- Establish relationship with local tax authorities and statutory auditors
- Support local tax audits
Here’s What You’ll Bring to the Table:
- Bachelor’s in finance, Accounting or business administration degree
- MBA ideally complemented with a recognized accountancy qualification and/or experience in Big 4 public accounting firm
- 12+ years’ work experience, 7-8 years within an international organization in the Life-Science / Health care industry.
- Self-starter with a high degree of initiative and self-motivation delivering high quality output to tight deadlines and in a constantly changing and growing business environment
- Strong and confident communicator (both written and oral) who can concisely summarize issues
- Excellent report writing, presentation and financial modelling skills; outstanding excel skills
- Superior analytical and problem-solving skills, extensive experience building integrated models and experience resolving complex business problems with well-structured analytics
- High degree of initiative and self-motivation
- Strong organizational skills and ability to self-manage to meet expectations.
- Strong attention to detail
- Strong hands-on experience in the usage of SAP as well as planning and reporting tools
- A desire to be part of a high-growth, transformational company that is Bold, Relentless, Curious,
- Excellent English skills (both written and oral), additional languages a plus
In 10 years since its inception, Moderna has transformed from a science research-stage company advancing programs in the promising-but-still-unproven field of messenger RNA (mRNA), to an enterprise with its first medicine having treated millions of people, a diverse clinical portfolio of vaccines and therapeutics across six modalities, a broad intellectual property portfolio in areas including mRNA and lipid nanoparticle formulation, and an integrated manufacturing plant that allows for both clinical and commercial production at scale and at unprecedented speed. Moderna maintains alliances with a broad range of domestic and overseas government and commercial collaborators, which has allowed for the pursuit of both groundbreaking science and rapid scaling of manufacturing. Most recently, Moderna’s capabilities have come together to allow the authorized use of one of the earliest and most-effective vaccines against the COVID-19 pandemic.
Moderna’s mRNA platform builds on continuous advances in basic and applied mRNA science, delivery technology and manufacturing, and has allowed the development of therapeutics and vaccines for infectious diseases, immuno-oncology, rare diseases, cardiovascular diseases and auto-immune diseases. Today, 24 development programs are underway across these therapeutic areas, with 13 programs having entered the clinic. Moderna has been named a top biopharmaceutical employer by Science for the past six years. To learn more, visit
Moderna is a smoke-free, alcohol-free and drug-free work environment.
Impress this employer describing Your skills and abilities, fill out the form below and leave Your personal touch in the presentation letter.
Job Introduction BritBox is a joint venture SVOD service between BBC & ITV and is the leader in British streaming. The focus of this role is to support the Head of Content & Editorial across c [...]
Join a global healthcare technology business that plays an integral part in both private and public clinical settings. With the head office based in Ireland the business boast with more than 1000 emp [...]
Stake is looking for a Software Engineer (front end) to join our team in Sydney. Stake is more than a brokerage, we're a global brand that stands for progress. This is true for our customers but also [...]
Associate Director, Leveraged and Acquisition Finance:0000FPO0 Description Some careers have more impact than others. We’re looking for progressive minds who are driven, perceptive and forward-th [...]