Federation University Australia
- Corporate Communications and Government Relations – Ballarat Campus
- Full-time, continuing appointment
- HEW 6 - $81,484 p.a. plus 17% superannuation
Within the Office of the Vice-Chancellor, the directorate provides corporate communications and government relations leadership and support for the Vice-Chancellor, senior executives and other key staff in the University.
About the role
Focused on the development of strategic internal and external corporate communications materials.
- support the creation and delivery of internal communications materials and message development;
- support the creation of communications collateral including the Annual Report and other corporate documents
- contribute to ensuring the coordinated promotion of campaigns, announcements, events and other activities;
- contribute and collaborate with team members to deliver coordinated, effective and strategic communications; and
- contribute to and actively participate in the development of communications strategies and plans.
To be considered for this position, you will have demonstrated:
- understanding and experience in corporate communications;
- professional communications writing skills with attention to detail for presentations, internal newsletters and other communications;
- interpersonal skills, including ability to liaise with a diverse range of people;
- ability to maintain confidentiality and consider and manage sensitive matters diplomatically and discreetly; and
- understanding of a range of media and social media platforms including the ability to maximise the uses for consistent messaging;
Please note that applications will be prioritised for those with current working rights in Australia and who are not affected by travel restrictions.
Please see the latest updates to Australia’s immigration and border arrangements during the COVID-19 (Coronavirus) outbreak: https://covid19.homeaffairs.gov.au/
How to apply
Please apply by Monday, 14 June 2021.
Applicants are required to address the Key Selection Criteria, in addition to a resume and examples of work (this could include a corporate glossy, a leadership message or presentation to staff, an email communications campaign etc.). To view the Position Description, please click here: 850470.pdf
If you are experiencing technical difficulties with your application, please email the Recruitment team or phone 03 5327 9756. Our position descriptions also list a contact person for job specific enquiries.
At Federation University Australia we value diversity, embrace difference and nurture a connected, safe and respectful community. We strongly encourage applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and people of all cultures, abilities, sexualities and genders. Should you require additional support please email Elizabeth Spark, our Diversity and Inclusion Partner.
Find out more about our Aboriginal and Torres Islander Employment Strategy. For support or queries relating to Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander employment please email Lisa Pickering, our Associate Director, Organisational Development and Performance.
A workplace for remarkable people
For almost 150 years we have been reaching out to new communities, steadily building a generation of independent thinkers united in the knowledge that they are greater together.
We are committed to attracting, retaining and developing the best talent in the regions in which we operate. From our academic and research staff to those working in student experience, we are all part of a collaborative culture that inspires the highest levels of excellence, innovation, integrity and respect. We are proud of our SAGE Athena SWAN Bronze accreditation in 2019 for recognising our commitment to advancing the careers of women, trans and gender diverse individuals in STEM disciplines in higher education and research.
What we offer
You will be able to take advantage of our UniSports Health and Fitness Centre in Mt Helen, in addition to benefits such as purchased leave, annualised hours, (remove for TAFE ads) blended workforce options (work from home flexibility), salary sacrificing options, on-campus childcare (Mt Helen and Gippsland), discounted private health insurance, affordable parking, wellness programs, professional development programs and many other benefits. For further information visit our leave and work-life balance web page.
For more information on a career with us, please visit our website or let our staff tell you more.
Impress this employer describing Your skills and abilities, fill out the form below and leave Your personal touch in the presentation letter.
Human Resources Advisor Position No. 904 Permanent full time Band 6 $82,055 - $89,315 per annum plus 9.5% statutory superannuation We have an exciting opportunity for a talented Human Resources Ad [...]
Job Description Location: Melbourne | CBD Job type: Full time Organisation: Victoria Police Salary: $70,791 - $85,956 Occupation: Communications, Marketing and Media Reference: VG/JE About the [...]
Rail Projects Victoria (RPV) is the Victorian Government body responsible for the delivery of the Metro Tunnel Project, Regional Rail Revival, Melbourne Airport Rail and the Western Rail Plan includin [...]
Job Description Location: Melbourne | CBD Job type: Full time / 1 August 2021 - 30 June 2022 Organisation: Court Services Victoria Salary: $87,640 - $99,438 Occupation: Administration/Secretaria [...]