Auto & General
The purpose of this role is to provide executive level administrative support to the Group Chief People Officer, Australia in delivering business requirements whilst ensuring an efficient and responsive operating rhythm.
To be successful in this role you will be highly professional with superior organisational and time management skills. You will have demonstrated experience supporting a Senior Executive within a dynamic and complex organisation.
- Provide executive administrative and office management support to the Group Chief People Officer, Australia, creating an open, accessible environment with efficient, proactive issue resolution;
- Proactively establish and manage a smooth and efficient operating rhythm; including meetings, diary management and occasional local and international travel itineraries;
- Prepare correspondence, emails, memoranda, presentations, analysis, reports and papers whilst managing complex, confidential and sensitive information;
- Manage telephone calls, field inquiries, emails, letters and requests and use judgment to escalate urgent matters for Group Chief People Officer, Australia’s attention;
- Assist with prioritising work activities using judgment to filter urgent and important activities including time for strategic thinking, reading and managing daily operations;
- Ensure information is in place for all Group Chief People Officer, Australia meetings including a clear meeting purpose, agenda, pre-reads, reporting, action follow up and papers. Proactively advise stakeholders of changes to plans and/or delays;
- Ensure the Group Chief People Officer, Australia is fully briefed and prepared on all issues that are/need to be brought to their attention including customer, risk, legal, financial and reputational issues. Use business knowledge and judgment to proactively manage complex, confidential and sensitive issues;
- Plan, organise and run events while managing all project delivery elements within time limits, as required;
- Monitor and coordinate annual leave, location, absence and expense disciplines for the People & Culture team.
- Perform other reasonable and relevant activities as requested from time to time to meet operational requirements.
Qualifications & Experience
The ideal candidate will have the natural ability to engage with stakeholder across the organisation, whilst presenting a positive and professional image to all employees, visitors and customers.
- Extensive experience as Executive Assistant at a senior level;
- Demonstrated ability to proactively establish priorities, anticipate needs and use sound judgment to manage complex, confidential and sensitive activities;
- Resourceful and logical thinker with excellent attention to detail;
- Proven organisational and time management skills;
- Enthusiastic self-starter with excellent ability to multitask, prioritise and work under pressure;
- Strong interpersonal and influencing skills with the ability to build and maintain relationships across all levels of the organisation;
- Strong written and verbal communication skills;
- Advanced skill level in Microsoft applications (Word, Excel, Power Point and Outlook) and office management software (travel, expenses etc);
- Ability to work autonomously and as part of the broader Executive Assistant team; and
- Experience working within a Human Resources division or business will be highly regarded.
Who are Auto & General?
Auto & General is the Australian arm of a private global group with 8,000 employees across 31 offices and over 8.9 million customers worldwide.
In Australia, Auto & General launched in 2000 and has grown to provide industry-leading motor, home and travel insurance products both directly through Budget Direct and via industry leading partnerships. With an Australian team of 1400+ we are now looking for talented individuals who can help drive our ambitious growth plans.
- Toowong - City fringe location
- Join our vibrant social and community activities including annual celebration, family fun days and regular events across each of our sites;
- Enjoy additional leave days - ‘ME’ leave and ‘Volunteer Day’ leave;
- Study support (up to 50% of tuition fees for relevant courses) and professional membership reimbursement;
- Employee discounts on Car, Home, Travel insurance, Roadside Assistance;
- Income protection insurance provided to support you in the event of non-work related illness or injury;
- Discounts with a broad range of providers, including gym memberships, accommodation, dental care and more.
Impress this employer describing Your skills and abilities, fill out the form below and leave Your personal touch in the presentation letter.
247FS is a cleaning company that provides a wide array of residential and commercial quality cleaning services in Queensland round the clock. This is an opportunity to work in a diverse range of clea [...]
Permanent Full Time Bring your administrative skills to Tropical North Queensland. Flexible work opportunities and industry discounts available! An opportunity currently exists for a Business Su [...]
With offices in Victoria, New South Wales, Queensland and Western Australia, Cornerstone HR is a rapidly expanding recruitment solution provider across a range of industry sectors. We currently hav [...]
The Procurement Officer (Click to Buy) delivers high quality, client focused customer service to clients within QUT on all aspects of Click to Buy. The position will be responsible for pr [...]