- Full-time position until 30th June 2022
- SCHADS Level 5 with salary packaging available
- Based at our Lalor office with flexible working available
At Anglicare Victoria our focus is on transforming the futures of children and young people, families and adults. Our work is based on three guiding pillars, Prevent, Protect, Empower. We offer a comprehensive network of services and seek to ensure the provision of high quality services that will bring about significant improvements in the life experience of the young people, children and families/caregivers with whom we work.
The Family Services Specialist Disability Practitioner role is a new position funded by DFFH.
It aims to assist vulnerable children and parents with disabilities to access disability supports and participate effectively in the NDIS. The role will support families with NDIS access and participation, and assist families to navigate systems of disability support, including the NDIS, disability advocates, disability service providers and mainstream services. The position will also enhance both disability and NDIS expertise across the Family Services system, by providing disability-related case consults to Family Services agencies within the North Eastern Metro Child and Family Services Alliance.
To Be Successful in this Position You Will Need:
- A relevant tertiary qualification in Social Work, Psychology, Early Childhood Specialist and / or related behavioural sciences at degree level or associate diploma level with substantial experience in the relevant service stream.
- Demonstrated experience and knowledge of the NDIS and the disability sector, specifically regarding NDIS planning, advocacy and an understanding of the range of services that support children, young people and parents who have disabilities.
- A strong understanding of issues facing families where there is disability and demonstrated experience working with families who have children with a disability, including skills in engagement and holistic assessment of needs and action planning.
- Demonstrated awareness and commitment to working within the Best Interest Principles outlined in the Children, Youth and Families Act 2005, including demonstrated resilience to work with and support clients who have been exposed to trauma, violence or neglect.
- Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively with a diverse range of stakeholders to reach the best outcomes for children, young people and families.
- Demonstrated computer skills in Microsoft Office packages and other statistical databases. Excellent written and verbal communication, time management and organisational skills.
Please Note : It is mandatory for the successful applicant to hold a current Working with Children Check and be prepared to undergo a National Criminal History Check prior to commencement.
Impress this employer describing Your skills and abilities, fill out the form below and leave Your personal touch in the presentation letter.
- Permanent Full-Time position based in Hervey Bay - Join a close-knit team and make a real difference to the lives of those living with disabilities - Enjoy Salary Packaging Benefits and pay less [...]
Family Support Specialist Disability Practitioner Part Time – 15 Hours per week 30/06/2021 to 30/06/2022 Colac Area Health currently has an opportunity for a Family Support Specialist Disabi [...]
- Join an established Family Services team in a newly created role - Take a lead role in support families navigate the NDIS effectively - Full time role, fixed term to 30 June 2022 Disability Special [...]
- SCHADS Level 5 with salary packaging available - Full-time position until 30th June 2022 - Based at our Broadmeadows office with flexible working available About Us: At Anglicare Victoria our focu [...]