- Understand the company’s detailed obligations in respect of any ongoing or ad hoc works on sites in the area. Ensure, monitor and audit compliance with those obligations.
- Take area-wide responsibility for plant performance, work quality and site appearance (both electrical, landscaping, and other) across sites within the area.
- Be aware of HSE issues on the sites and propose and discuss necessary measures to improve HSE with the HSE Manager and/or the Regional Manager. Take lead responsibility in implementing such measures. Coach/ guide Lead Technicians and Site Technicians within the area on staying safe and compliance with HSE in their ongoing work.
- Update team calendar and provide well-considered input on medium term and immediate term work scheduling within the area.
- Support and assist area teams in performing scheduled maintenance and corrective maintenance works (including HV maintenance) for solar plants to ensure the successful ongoing operation of the plants within the area.
- Coordinate with the area teams and support any safety walks and day-to-day Lead or Site Technician guidance. Assist their area teams in resolving tickets and feeding back any required information to the Project Manager and/or the Regional Manager
- Ensure that all reporting (by the Area Supervisor, and such reporting as is the responsibility of Lead and Site Technicians within the area) are submitted in a professional, complete and timely manner.
- Together with Project Manager , take joint lead on onboarding of new sites, including leading site due diligence and on-boarding visits, filling in reports and/or forms, and creating onboarding documentation (isolation schedules, etc.).
- Meet third parties (e.g. customers/TAs) onsite on an ad hoc basis, and liaise with such third parties via phone/ email if/ where so directed by the Regional Manager or other seniors.
- Be aware of spare parts/ inventory matters on the sites and ensure that spare parts stock records are always up to date (levels, serial numbers, etc.) and reported in a timely manner.
- Ensure that all members of their teams have the correct PPE, equipment, vehicles and training which is necessary to carry out all assigned duties.
- Support in the recruitment of new field staff in coordination with the Regional Manager.
- Assist Project Managers and Procurement Manager with quoting for works.
- Supporting operational responsibility (supporting the Regional Manager) for ensuring and improving profit margins on the field operations within the area.
- Carry out new joiner inductions, and be responsible for successful onboarding and coaching of new field staff within the area.
- Take part in the company’s on-call rota for non-working hours (including bank holidays and weekend).
- IEE 17th Edition
- At least 3 years’ experience working on utility scale solar farms in an O&M; role
- Provide evidence via personal switching logbook
- Computer literate
- Can work under own initiative
- Team Player
- Attention to detail
- HV qualifications AP15 or OP40 or equivalent
- Full UK Driving Licence
- IOSH or NEBOSH
- Key inverter manufacturer trained, for example, SMA, ABB, Power Electronics and Schneider
- Qualifications or training in specific PV inverter technologies
- Private Health Insurance
- Life Assurance Cover
- Company Pension Scheme
- Yearly Team Away Days
- Flexible Working Environment
- Yearly Discretionary Performance Bonus Scheme
- Excellent Company Culture
- Mental Health First Aid support
- Employee Assistance Programme which provides all employees with 24/7 access to telephone and online counselling
- Access to an online benefits portal which includes travel and shopping discounts, healthy living advice & a financial well-being resource bank
- Cycle 2 Work Scheme
Impress this employer describing Your skills and abilities, fill out the form below and leave Your personal touch in the presentation letter.
About Spotless At SPOTLESS we employ over 36,000 people in Australia and New Zealand within a variety of roles. We provide expertise tailored to key industry sectors that include Health, Business & I [...]
We are currently seeking a Crop Work Supervisor - Leafing for the New England GH5 team in Guyra, NSW. About the role: - Supervise and direct leafing team in a 5 ha area to achieve production, qual [...]
Your Responsibilities - Understand the company’s detailed obligations in respect of the Junior/Site/Lead Technician’s assigned sites, and ensure, monitor and report on compliance with those oblig [...]
About the role: - Supervise and direct leafing team in a 5 ha area to achieveproduction, quality, hygiene, safety targets; - Implement crop work schedule, ensuring effective management oflabour costs [...]