Risk and Analytics – Risk and Analytics /
Join a movement in which everyone can win. We started a movement in which everyone can win – shoppers, retailers, society, and every person on our team. To play fair, trust people and reward them for doing the right thing. We are obsessed with our product. We see and feel the impact of our work as more and more people gain financial freedom and retailers grow across the globe.
Afterpay is offered by more than 55,000 of the world’s best retailers and has more than 10 million active customers globally. Afterpay is offered by top fashion and beauty retailers across the globe - including E-bay, The Iconic, Myer, Foot Locker, Adore Beauty, Mac Cosmetics, Kathmandu, and many others.
We are currently available in Australia, New Zealand, the United States, and the United Kingdom where the brand is called Clearpay.
Afterpay is looking for a dynamic, innovative, and cross-functional Director for Global Merchant Risk to join our Risk and Analytics team. In this role, you will report directly to the Global Head of Merchant Risk and work cross-functionally; you’ll lead the risk policy strategy and onboarding risk operations of Afterpay across different segments to deliver against strategic priorities. The ideal candidate has drive, resilience, versatility, outstanding communication and leadership skills are well-versed in the risk and payments space, enjoys interdisciplinary collaboration, and knows how to roll out programs across regions in a challenging, vibrant, and fast-paced environment.
We are much more than our job descriptions - we are our energy, our ideas, our everyday drive. Here’s where you will begin….
- Developing the strategy and necessary standards, procedures, and policies to ensure we have a merchant risk onboarding function that can, at scale, review and underwrite complex mid-market and enterprise merchants but also small business
- Standardising the approach to underwriting operations, creating efficiencies with continuous improvement of our platform and systems, and elevating the capability of the team
- Acting as a strategic advisor to executive and senior management and represent Merchant risk in ANZ and global business partners on underwriting-related matters across different products and deals
- Developing, defining, communicating, and implementing underwriting strategies and visions in line with the businesses short and long-term strategic objectives with respect to loss ratios, underwriting SLA’s and portfolio performance
- Working in tandem with Regulatory Compliance, Data analytics, Consumer Risk Management, Sales and business development, and relationship management to accomplish these goals
- Assisting with projects, delegating tasks, and participating in committees as needed
- Assisting with the day to day operations of the underwriting team, which includes but is not limited to: Assisting underwriters in proper decisioning of accounts, Providing second approvals where required by company guidelines, Handling escalations from sales teams
- Providing information to the management team by gathering and summarising data; preparing reports; making presentations of findings, analyses, and recommendations
Who are you?
Like us, you’ll be deeply committed to delivering positive outcomes for customers and passionate about shaping the future of Afterpay. You like to keep it real with your actions, be brave with your decisions, do the right thing for all our stakeholders, and shape the future with excitement.
- Minimum 10 years payments acquiring experience in Risk or Underwriting, ideally within a payments or eCommerce business
- Skilled communicator and presenter with the ability to influence and motivate others along with stakeholders
- Ability to establish credibility and strong partnerships with sales teams and other analytics team members
- Experience in managing change across an organisation through clarity of message, command of subject matter, and effective delivery
- Exceptional time management skills
- Comfortable working and making impactful decisions in a fast-paced environment
- Problem solving and decision-making skills with the ability to analyse complex information to identify the key issues/actions and drive to resolution
- Ability to stay calm and positive when dealing with merchant and sales partners inquiries
We play fair and reward you for doing the right thing. You will enjoy working from our beautiful office space in Sydney and feel trusted to work flexibly, remaining connected to smart people in all our locations. We put opportunity before optimism and plan our careers quarterly not annually. We are proud to support working parents of all genders in every country with a market-leading, equitable parental leave program including access to up to 24 weeks of paid leave.
When you’re built from the ground up, there’s always room for growth. To challenge each other and shape a legacy built on real purpose, talent, and grit.
How to Apply: We don’t know what the future holds. That’s the exciting part; we show up and make it happen. If you’re excited by this opportunity, click apply now!
Impress this employer describing Your skills and abilities, fill out the form below and leave Your personal touch in the presentation letter.
Company Description Our Mission At Palo Alto Networks® everything starts and ends with our mission: Being the cybersecurity partner of choice, protecting our digital way of life. We have the vis [...]
This Sydney based company provides specialist training for enterprise businesses. Located in the Northern beaches, there is now a rare opportunity to join this close-knit team of dedicated professiona [...]
At THE ICONIC, we issue the call to live your way, to liberate yourself from meaningless constraints. It's time to reach for a better tomorrow, to spend less time searching and more time finding. We a [...]
Security staff required for various roles across Sydney CBD and Western Sydney in a new but growing firm. All applicants will be considered whether you are looking for full-time, casual or a part time [...]