Regional Recreation Corporation Of Wood Buffalo
Australian Capital Territory
Systems Planning and Analysis, Inc.
2001 N. Beauregard Street
Alexandria VA 22311
Phone: (phone hidden)
Systems Planning and Analysis Australia Pty Ltd provides advanced analytics, agile software tools and development, and modelling and simulation services to the Commonwealth of Australia. We support Defence and other government agencies with timely and objective analysis and integrated technical, operational, programmatic, policy and business solutions in support of important national security objectives.
SPA Australia seeks to grow Australia's sovereign capability through local upskilling of its workforce in order to provide the same support to the Commonwealth that SPA US has provided to the US Department of Defense for the past 48 years. We will provide formal and informal training opportunities for our next team member(s) both in Australia and through our parent company in the United States.
We are seeking a highly motivated, passionate problem solver to provide advanced analytical support to the Department of Defence. The Operations Research Analyst will work with senior analysts to apply rational, systematic, science-based techniques, and critical thinking to help inform and improve the Department’s decision-making abilities in relation to Defence capability across the capability lifecycle.
We are seeking an individual that will:
• Participate in the design, planning, development, and documentation of all analysis and assessments.
• Perform a wide range of analytic activities, including, but not limited to: advanced mathematical model development, simulation, statistical analysis, optimisation, cost/benefit analysis, data exploration, database design and sensitivity analysis.
• Contribute to analytic teams, and develop innovative and rigorous solutions to government and military issues.
• Facilitate communication between stakeholders from SPA Australia, SPA US, and the Commonwealth.
• Assist in the development of data visualisations, briefings, reports, and other contract deliverables.
Bachelor’s degree in science, technology, engineering, or math (STEM) 0-3 years of experience in operations research analysis Demonstrated experience using analytic software packages and programming languages (e.g., MATLAB, AFSIM, VBA, R, Python) to provide rigorous analytic solutions Experience developing analytic tools for data analysis, knowledge management, or decision support Excellent written and oral communication skills and the ability to communicate complex technical subjects to technical and non-technical decision makers Ability to break down complex unstructured problems, lay out objective approaches, and develop rigorous analytic solutions Ability to obtain and maintain at least a Negative Vetting 1 (Secret) security clearance
Military operational experience or experience in military operations research, systems analysis, modelling and simulation Master’s degree in science, technology, engineering, or math (STEM). Sorry the Share function is not working properly at this moment. Please refresh the page and try again later.
Impress this employer describing Your skills and abilities, fill out the form below and leave Your personal touch in the presentation letter.
Job no: 508024 Employment type: Ongoing Location: Canberra Categories: Corporate, Executive Level 1 About the team The Energy Division is at the forefront of policy design and program deliv [...]
- $82,282 - $93,993 (plus super) - Canberra - ACT The Role The APS 6 Superannuation Policy Officer will be accountable, under limited direction, for assisting in the development, implementation [...]
- Location: Canberra - Job Type: Non-ongoing and Ongoing - Salary: $82,288 - $93,121 Job Overview The AIC is closely aligned with the Australian Criminal Intelligence Commission (ACIC). Emplo [...]
- Casual opportunity – great penalty rates! - MUST be an Australian Citizen - Own transport required ESS provides multi-service capability, such as design of camp structures, building and opera [...]