The State Of Queensland
Housing and Public Works (Organisation site )
South/West Region; Service Delivery; Housing Homelessness and Sport; Flexible
To manage complex social housing and housing assistance services and delivering direct services to customers in person, by telephone, correspondence, in the field and through outreach services in the community.
Position status Permanent,Fixed Term Temporary
Position type Flexible-full-time,Flexible-part-time
Occupational group Administration
Principles responsibilities of this role include:
• Supervising Housing Officers, team activities and exercising delegation as required, including managing performance, workload,
addressing operational issues and reporting.
• Approving high and very high need social housing applications and transfers, and quality assuring application assessments.
• Managing formal internal and external complaints and facilitating resolutions.
• Developing effective professional relationships with stakeholders to improve customer outcomes and processes.
• Representing the department in appeals and attending the Queensland Civil and Administrative Tribunal.
• Managing and assessing properties, conducting condition appraisal inspections and providing advice on maintenance requirements.
• Contributing to portfolio renewal plans and implementation of property developments.
• Supporting and helping maintain a workplace safety culture by ensuring that all policies and practices concerning Workplace Health and Safety are applied and a part of day to day operations.
Field work is a regular requirement of this role. Conditions in the field are changeable and can be volatile, requiring varying degrees of vigilance and management of risk.
Possession of a current driver's license is mandatory.
There are permanent and temporary positions available across the Buranda, Inala, Bayside, Cairns, Logan, Moreton Bay, Townsville and Fortitude Valley Housing Service Centers.
Job Ad Reference: QLD/373311/21
We are committed to building inclusive cultures in the Queensland public sector that respect and promote human rights and diversity .
There are 5 permanent and 19 temporary flexible full-time and part-time positions available. Please ensure you download all attachments and follow the instructions on how to apply.
Before applying for this vacancy please ensure you read the documents below.
Please use * for wildcard searches. Location
Hold down the control (Ctrl) button and use your computer mouse to select multiple options (View Location Map ) Occupational group
Hold down the control (Ctrl) button and use your computer mouse to select multiple options Salary (yearly) Leave blank if you are searching for casual jobs Minimum Maximum Total Remuneration Only used for Senior Medical or Executive positions
Be aware of fake SmartJobs websites, including:
Check links before you click. Look for qld.gov.au, our valid Queensland Government domain.
This recruitment portal is your gateway to a wide range of graduate program positions on offer in the Queensland Government.
Impress this employer describing Your skills and abilities, fill out the form below and leave Your personal touch in the presentation letter.
Title: Logistics Support The Logistics Support position sits within the client's Logistics Management Unit (LMU) located at RAAF Base Amberley and is responsible for: - Oversight of the aircra [...]
Saint Marys Catholic College is a Prep to Year 12 College offering families a co-educational pathway to life-long learning. The College has been proudly serving the families of the South Burnett regio [...]
- Great team! Work with the best in the business in a booming sector - Fantastic Opportunity with a great company - permanent and stable employment - Urgent Role ready to Interview Now - $60-80K + [...]
Job no: 578813 Work type: Maximum Term - Part Time Location: Brisbane Categories: Food & Beverage With over 50 years of experience, Alliance Catering is one of the most trusted names in Busi [...]