An exciting opportunity has arisen for a high calibre candidate to join Delaware North in the role of General Manager Food and Beverage at our Melbourne Olympic Park site.
Reporting to the Chief Operating Officer, this role is responsible for leading our operations across Melbourne Olympic Park and Royal Botanical Gardens.
In this role you will lead the operational catering teams to achieve financial, operational, customer and people results through collaboration across the venue, while building Delaware Norths brand and client reputation. You will achieve this by building and maintaining a strong capable leadership team, delivering a superior customer experience,
managing the ongoing performance of all business units and driving growth objectives.
You will also be responsible for driving innovation and continuous improvement, while strengthening the relationships with our clients and stakeholders.
You will use your skills and experience to…
- Develop, measure and monitor the execution of the financial plan for the venues and lead the development of differentiated retail catering, product and merchandising activities to maximise revenue.
- Develop annual business plan for site/s including resourcing, project management and benefits realisation
- Play a key influencing role with internal and external stakeholders on the contractual terms of all existing and new agreements and the operational delivery in accordance with contract terms.
- Provide leadership, direction and coaching to grow talent and develop an engaged workforce within the venues, while promoting a safe and respectful working environment.
- Execute new and existing fit outs, working with builders and designers to deliver projects on time and budget.
- Accountable for all major event planning and non-event day activity ensuring all operational standards, and core compliance management systems are adhered to.
Your skills and experience includes…
- Bachelor's degree in Business or Hospitality Management or other related discipline is strongly preferred
- A minimum of 7-10 years' hospitality operations management of a large multi-function venue including major events and temporary facilities.
- Experience in large site redevelopment projects
- A minimum 5-7 years' operational financial management accountability and budgeting experience for multi-million-dollar contracts.
- A proven background in people leadership, coaching and mentoring of large teams, including a transient workforce.
- Demonstrated experience in effectively developing relationships with clients and key stakeholders
Delaware North Companies Australia is a market leader in the hospitality industry with a portfolio spanning: sporting stadiums, airports & transport, leisure & entertainment, resorts, remote services and gaming venues across Australia and New Zealand
If this sounds like the role that you have been waiting for please click on the
Impress this employer describing Your skills and abilities, fill out the form below and leave Your personal touch in the presentation letter.
Mantra Tullamarine Hotel is a modern 4.5 star property, conveniently located a short five minute drive from Melbourne Airport. Mantra Tullamarine provides 277 spacious, contemporary accommodation opti [...]
Executive Assistant & Office Manager Resolution and Annalect are two key pillars of Omnicom Media Group, a global media agency network and service hundreds of clients across OMD, PHD, Hearts & Scienc [...]
About Hyatt At Hyatt we care for people so they can be their best. Care comes from an authentic place of empathy and human connection. We do this by truly seeing people and getting to know th [...]
THE COMPANY LK Hospitality was established to first service the residents of LK Property's crown jewel Capitol Grand. With the opening of Omnia Bistro, a European inspired all-day bistro, the group [...]