DP World Australia
About the business
DP World Australia is the country’s leading container terminal operator. We have a dedicated and professional team of more than 2000 people who operate our container terminals in Melbourne, Sydney, Brisbane and Fremantle. Our customer-centric approach drives us to constantly invest in our employees, terminal infrastructure and facilities to provide superior quality services to our valued customers.
DP World Australia is part of the DP World global group of companies, which ranks as one of the largest stevedoring businesses globally with over 28,000 employees. The global group has a portfolio of more than 65 marine terminals across six continents including new developments underway in India, Africa,
Europe and the Middle East. To find out more about DP World Australia, visit our website www.dpworldaustralia.com.au
DP World Fremantle is located in the principal port of Western Australia, at the mouth of the Swan River. A key link in the West Australian economy, DP World Fremantle provides access to the growing cities and mining communities of Western Australia, the Terminal is a dynamic 7 day, 24 hour operation. The port environment offers variety and represents an outstanding opportunity to grow as a professional in Australia’s Logistics and Supply Chain Industry.
About the role
We are seeking an Engineering Manager to join the Engineering Team at our Fremantle Terminal reporting to the General Manager Operations. The Engineering Manager is responsible for maintenance management, and controlling the maintenance function for all physical assets allocated to the Fremantle Terminal.
The successful candidate will have extensive experience in maintenance management related to heavy industry, associated workshops, planning and equipment. You will have demonstrated experience managing a large technician and trades workforce, along with extensive experience managing heavy equipment workshops.
- Provide managerial leadership to the Maintenance team.
- Perform all maintenance activities within budget and achieve KPI’s set in annual objectives for site equipment availability, MTBF and repair turnaround times;
- Prepare operating budgets and monitor and manage costs for all maintenance activities
- Identify and lead improvement in team’s OHS & Environment performance.
- Continuous improvement in equipment reliability, cost and labour productivity
- Evaluation of existing maintenance equipment and prepare ongoing facility plan.
- Employee alignment & engagement that fosters great performance identifies & nurtures talent.
- Contribute to development of business plan strategies and translate into operations plan.
Experience, skills and qualifications
- Extensive experience in maintenance management related to heavy industry, associated workshops, planning and equipment.
- Professional engineering or high-level Trade qualification in mechanical or electrical engineering or maintenance disciplines highly preferred.
- Extensive knowledge of heavy plant and equipment scheduled and unscheduled maintenance management plans and techniques.
- Highly developed leadership/people management skills including sound knowledge of IR/HR.
- Demonstrated ability to manage purchasing, stores and inventory control.
- Sound knowledge and ability in preparation of budgets and expenditure control.
- Sound working knowledge of computerized maintenance management systems.
- Working knowledge of related legislation, plant and equipment regulations.
- Good knowledge of OHS Act, regulations and related codes of practice.
At DP World, we value and respect the different perspectives and experiences our people bring to work each day. We aim to increase the diversity of our workforce – leading to a range of different thinking, perspectives and ideas that create the innovation we need to drive better business results. We aim to have a work environment where everyone feels included and everyone can realise their full potential.
Impress this employer describing Your skills and abilities, fill out the form below and leave Your personal touch in the presentation letter.
Nandos Fremantle is looking for casual staff to work in the Restaurant Shortlisted Candidates will be contacted for an interview Pride, Passion, Courage, Integrity and most of all, Family are the va [...]
Ideally you will have some experience of working in a hospitality environment and enjoy working in a busy environment. We are looking for people with a warm and friendly personality who enjoy being pa [...]
General Labourer wanted for commercial building site in Fremantle. You MUST ; - be physically fit - have a strong work ethic - have a positive can-do attitude - previous experience as a gener [...]
About Us Tattarangis one of Australia’s largest private investment groups and is owned by the Forrest family. Our investment portfolio spans across agri-food, energy, resources, property, hospital [...]