Patches Therapy Services
Our mission We want to see children and families grow to their full potential. Both children and adults should have access to high-quality assessment and therapy services in Australia.
Regardless of where you are and what your age is, you deserve to thrive. We believe it is important that every individual achieves functional At Patches Australia, we change lives by supporting individuals and empowering communities. We do this by delivering high-quality assessments and therapy services. Our aim is to empower you to achieve functional independence and overall health and wellbeing.
Patches is a multidisciplinary team of Paediatricians, Neuropsychologists, Occupational Therapists, Exercise Physiologists,
Psychologists and Speech Pathologists, Behaviour Support Practitioners, Support Coordinators extensively supported by clinical administrative staff.
Patches has clinic sites in Perth (Headquarters), Port Hedland, Broome, Kununurra (WA) & Darwin and Alice Springs (NT); with new service sites developing in QLD, NSW, TAS, VIC and SA.
Patches is seeking a highly motivated Proficient Behaviour Support Practitioner to join our team in Darwin. The location is flexible and can be in a metropolitan or regional area.
In this role, you will deliver positive behaviour support to people with complex behavioural needs. The caseload will include paediatric and adult participants (including from culturally diverse populations, and in corrective services settings) with options to travel to complete remote work.
You will be competent to review Behaviour plans and maintain a restrictive practice register. Your role will include supervising core practitioners and contributing to policies and procedures.
Your excellent verbal, written and interpersonal skills will be critical to your success in this role. You will have the support of an established Allied Health team and Patches National transdisciplinary therapy service.
Essential Selection Criteria:
- Experience in delivering positive behaviour support, at the equivalent of the proficient level or above.
- Knowledge of restrictive practices and reporting of with an understanding of existing frameworks.
- Understanding and experience in the use of relevant assessment tools.
- Highly developed report writing and behavioural data analysis skills.
- Demonstrate ability to work independently and cooperatively as part of a team, contribute professional skills and knowledge, including expertise to colleagues and the team.
- A proficient understanding of current disability issues, NDIS and the National Standards for Disability.
- Knowledge of the laws and ethical standards governing clinical practice and therapy provision with NDIS and relevant state bodies.
- Current Australian Drivers Licence
- Current National Police Clearance
- Current Working with Children Check
Why work for Patches
- Relocation for those not local to the area
- Competitive (20-40%) above award rate remuneration plus 9.5% superannuation
- The chance to work collaboratively and alongside some great and highly experienced clinicians in a transdisciplinary team
- Ongoing internal professional development and discipline specific support, including a professional development budget
- Training in evidence based, best practice assessment, therapy, and support programs
- Administrative and practice management support
- Cloud-based, secure practice management and participant database software
- Travel opportunities within a national network of clinics
How to apply
Click on “Apply for this job” to submit your CV and a cover letter addressing the Selection Criteria.
For more information contact: [email protected]
We look forward to receiving your application.
Closing date: Friday 11 June 2021 - Patches reserves the right to appoint before the closing date
To find out more about Patches visit: Website: www.patches-paediatrics.com.au
Impress this employer describing Your skills and abilities, fill out the form below and leave Your personal touch in the presentation letter.
Specialist - Asset Cost Processes and Systems - Excellent opportunity to work in a high performing central technical team with whole of business exposure - Gain a deeper understanding of asset ma [...]
You have a passion for fitness and work in different locations? Apply Now Your new company Hays is in partnership with several leading accommodation and catering service providers which operate th [...]
Our client is a national leader in the transport and logistics industry with over 35 years of experience in providing logistics solutions They are currently seeking new Forklift Operators to join t [...]
Number: 29378 Location: Perth Date Posted: June 12, 2021 Our client seeks a Project Administrator, Perth based for an initial 6 month contract. Ideally you will have mining / resources e [...]