Healius - SDS Pathology
Healius Limited is one of Australia's leading publicly listed healthcare companies. Our Pathology Division includes many high quality, comprehensive service laboratories with extensive regional networks, as well as niche diagnostic laboratories specialising in IVF, dermatopathology and genetics.
Laverty Pathology is a leading provider of pathology and medical diagnostic services to doctors, specialists and hospitals throughout New South Wales (NSW) and the Australian Capital Territory (ACT). We also provide medical diagnostic services to commercial and government organisations across Australia and internationally.
We are currently seeking a full time Scientific Officer to work in the Serology/Immunology Department based in our main laboratory in North Ryde.
This position will be will report to the Serology/Immunology Chief Scientist. This role will work closely with the departmental Pathologists, Scientific and Technical staff. This is an exciting opportunity for an experienced technical officer ready to take that next step.
To be successful in this role you must have the following:
A relevant qualification from a recognised Australian institution or a qualification recognised by AIMS
- Demonstrated experience and exposure in a serology and immunology laboratory
- A sound knowledge of all aspects of serology and immunology
- A sound knowledge laboratory equipment and software
- A thorough understanding of Internal Quality Control Procedures and Quality Assurance Programs (EQA, QAP)
- An understanding of statistical-based processes in the evaluation of data
- Demonstrated experience in review of standard operation procedures and protocols
- Demonstrated ability to work within a team
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively with team members internal and external to the department using both written and verbal communication
- Demonstrated ability to work under pressure with minimal supervision whilst supervising junior team members
- A high attention to detail
- A highly organised and logical approach to problem solving
- Previous supervisory roles desirable
- The ability to understand and ensure compliance with WH&S; policies and guidelines
This is an exciting opportunity to join and grow your career with a progressive health leader. If this role is strongly suited to your experience and skills, forward your updated cover letter and resume to [email protected]
You must have the right to live and work in Australia to apply for this job.
Impress this employer describing Your skills and abilities, fill out the form below and leave Your personal touch in the presentation letter.
Full Time Position Classification Scientific Officer Remuneration $64,474 - $93,390 per annum Hours weekly 38 Requisition REQ237803 Sydney Local Health District SLHD is seeking a dyn [...]
Temporary Full Time - up to 12 months.br>Position Classification Tech Off Gde 1/2 Remuneration $,563.- $84,384. Hours weekly 38 Requisition REQ237413 Royal Prince Alfred Hos [...]
Omniscient seeks an experienced Financial Analyst to work directly with the CFO to help the company in the next phase of its growth.strong accounting and analytical skills, this is an exciting role wi [...]
Temporary Full Time or Temporary Part Time Position Classification Scientific Off Remuneration $32. - $47. per hour plus superannuation Hours weekly 38 or less for part time employee [...]