Australian Government - Department of Education, Skills and Employment
Australian Capital Territory
- Executive Level 1
- Canberra, ACT
- $108,350 - $119,750
Across our division, we work on international education policy challenges and high-profile initiatives that support the sustainable development and growth of our vibrant international education sector.
The International Division, we operate as policy advisors, regulators, analysts, administrators, and diplomats. We work closely across the department, other Australian government agencies, state and territory governments, and education providers to sustainably grow our international education sector and to ensure Australia is recognised as a regional and a world leader in education and training. We provide leadership and coordination across government,
delivering programs and policies to support mobility, the global exchange of knowledge and position us as partner of choice for international collaboration. With staff based in 12 countries, we also work closely with foreign partner governments to advance Australia’s economic growth, public diplomacy, and national security.
The International Division is seeking talented, energetic individuals with strong policy, analytical and communication skills to join our team. We require applicants who are strategic thinkers, effective collaborators and willing to work across a broad range of initiatives.
Preferred qualifications or experiences in:
- developing and implementing complex, innovative and high-quality strategic policy.
- undertaking complex research using a variety of sources, analysing and presenting findings, including through the use of data and evidence.
- scanning the environment and anticipating developments that may require a policy response.
- operating independently, taking responsibility for meeting objectives and ensuring outcomes are achieved.
- communicating effectively in writing and in person.
- leading small teams, providing guidance and mentorship to support the development of staff.
- taking a leading role in making our workplace an engaging and supportive place to work.
- demonstrating a detailed understanding of Australia’s international education, higher education, schools, ELICOS and/or VET sectors, or the capacity to develop this.
For more information please refer to job description.
Application User Guide Opens in new window
Job Description Opens in new window
Impress this employer describing Your skills and abilities, fill out the form below and leave Your personal touch in the presentation letter.
- APS Level 5 / APS Level 6 - Canberra, ACT - $78,377 - $83,793 (APS Level 5) / $88,114 - $96,895 (APS Level 6) The Incentives and Investments Branch has a number of opportunities to further you [...]
- APS Level 5 - Canberra, ACT - $78,377 - $83,793 The positions are available in the Child Care Modelling and Analytics team or the Early Years Collections and Analytics team, which are located [...]
Exciting career development available for experienced Program Officers within the Federal Government Your new company This Government Department is working at the forefront of delivering a high l [...]
Role APS5, APS6 and EL1 Policy Officers Multiple Contract 6 months initally + 18 month extension option Canberra Security Baseline desired but will accept police check These roles will work i [...]